Module 2 describes how to screen for substance use disorders and high risk substance use in health care & social services settings.
Objectives: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the necessary features of proper screening
- Describe the main features of the ASSIST/ ASSIST-FC and how to use this screening test in health care settings
- Properly score the screening test and interpret the results
- Define standard drink and lower-risk drinking limits
Course Delivery: Online self-paced course, open enrollment
Training Video: Introduction to Screening
After watching Introduction to Screening, proceed with learning about one of the screening tools below.
- Training Video: Administering and Scoring the Alcohol, Smoking and Substance Involvement Screening Test (ASSIST) (Please use Internet Explorer for the best viewing experience.)
- Video Demonstrations:
- Training Video: Screening for Multiple Substances Using the ASSIST-FC
Knowledge Quiz: To test your comprehension, please complete the 5-question Knowledge Quiz after viewing the Training Videos and studying the accompanying materials. You are required to complete this Knowledge Quiz if any of the following apply to you:
- You are completing these Modules for Continuing Education Credit
- You are completing these Modules as a prerequisite to an in-person, skills-building session conducted by the SBIRT Training Institute