This module describes procedures that should be used to conduct a brief intervention following the completion of the ASSIST screening test.
Objectives: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a brief intervention
- Provide feedback to individuals regarding the results of the ASSIST screening
- Apply motivational interviewing techniques to the brief intervention.
Course Delivery: Online self-paced course, open enrollment.
Training Video: SBIRT Module 3. Brief Intervention Basics Training Video (Please use Internet Explorer for the best viewing experience.)
Materials and Manual:
Knowledge Quiz: To test your comprehension, please complete the 5-question Knowledge Quiz after viewing the Training Video and studying the accompanying materials. You are required to complete this Knowledge Quiz if any of the following apply to you:
- You are completing these Modules for Certificate of Completion
- You are completing these Modules as a pre-requisite to an in-person, skills-building session conducted by the SBIRT Training Academy
- Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in Emergency Room
- Marijuana Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment in Dental Clinic
- Tobacco and Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in Dental Clinic