This module describes procedures that should be used to conduct a brief intervention following the completion of the ASSIST screening test.
Objectives: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a brief intervention
- Provide feedback to individuals regarding the results of the ASSIST screening
- Apply motivational interviewing techniques to the brief intervention.
Course Delivery: Online self-paced course, open enrollment.
Training Video: SBIRT Module 3. Brief Intervention Basics Training Video (Please use Internet Explorer for the best viewing experience.)
Materials and Manual:
- Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in Emergency Room
- Marijuana Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment in Dental Clinic
- Tobacco and Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in Dental Clinic