Hospital Admissions for Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions:
Rate per 100,000 by Connecticut County
Summary of Current Results
The information below presents hospital admissions rates per 100,000 for ACSCs by county of residence for years 2012 through 2017.
- In general, New Haven consistently has higher rates of hospital admissions for overall, acute and chronic ACSCs.
- Tolland is most likely to have the lowest rates of hospital admissions for all ACSC categories.
- In the years prior to SIM (2013-2015), the rate of hospital admissions for overall and acute ASCS conditions were on a downward trend for all counties with the exception of Litchfield which had a slight increase.
- Since the implementation of SIM, all counties have had a decrease in the rate of hospital admissions for acute ACSCs and an increase for chronic ACSCs.
- Overall rates have been mixed.