UConn Health has multiple residency programs.
The PGY1 program based at UConn John Dempsey Hospital at UConn Health is listed as ASHP program #11002 in the online ASHP Residency Directory and in the Match as “John Dempsey Hospital/UConn Health.”
To apply you must:
- Be a citizen of the U.S.A. or hold a visa allowing for completion of residency year (we cannot sponsor your visa)
- Be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education accredited PharmD program
- Be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Connecticut (and complete such no later than ninety days after start date)
- Adhere to the rules of the resident matching program (RMP) process
- Utilize the PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application)
- All applicants must have submitted all required paperwork by January 2
Members of the Residency Advisory Committee (RAC) will review and rank applicants with a pre-defined in-house process. After applications have been ranked, selected applicants will then be invited on-site for one-day interviews at their own expense. The RAC will reconvene upon completion of the interview process, discuss and review feedback from the rankings and interview scores, rank prospective candidates, and submit their selection(s) to the RMP.
Applications must include:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation using the PhORCAS common form (preferably: 1 employer, 1 academia/preceptor, 1 of applicant's choice)
- Official transcript