Hosting Outside Learners, Faculty, and Related Visitors in UConn Health Facilities
Updated April 28, 2021
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, UConn Health suspended programs that enabled students, residents, and other learners outside of UConn Health to participate in educational experiences throughout our facilities. Unpaid experiences such as internships, job shadowing, and volunteer assignments were also suspended, as were visiting speakers, instructors, and other outside faculty visits. At this time, these programs and visits are no longer suspended and may proceed, provided hosts and visitors adhere to all COVID-19 related guidelines relating to masking, social distancing and room capacity limits, as well as any additional program requirements. All visitors must go through COVID-19 screening at a public entrance prior to entering UConn Health facilities.
For More Information and Questions
- Experiences for visiting medical students
- Experiences for visiting residents
- Hosting an unpaid experience
- Use of common space rooms, such as Keller Auditorium, Low Auditorium, ARB Auditorium, Munson Training Room, etc., email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor parking, email email@example.com
- Entrance screening, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitors arriving from outside of the State of Connecticut who are not vaccinated must adhere to applicable quarantine and COVID-19 testing guidelines. Hosts to out-of-state guests are responsible for ensuring these guidelines are followed.
- If hosting a group of visitors, it is helpful if the hosting department assigns a representative to meet the visitors at the entrance to escort them to their destination.
- Please see the separate guidelines that apply to patient companions and visitors, and vendors who visit our facilities.