Brief Intervention Basics
Overview: This module describes procedures that should be used to conduct a brief intervention following the completion of the ASSIST screening test.
Objectives: Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Understand the elements of a brief intervention
- Provide feedback to individuals regarding the results of the ASSIST screening
- Apply motivational interviewing techniques to the brief intervention.
Course Delivery: Online self-paced course, open enrollment.
Training Video: SBIRT Module 3 Training Video (Please use Internet Explorer for the best viewing experience.)
Materials and Manual: The WHO ASSIST-linked Brief Intervention Manual
Knowledge Quiz: To test your comprehension, please complete the 5-question Knowledge Quiz after viewing the Training Video and studying the accompanying materials. You are required to complete this Knowledge Quiz if any of the following apply to you:
- You are completing these Modules for Continuing Education Credit
- You are completing these Modules as a pre-requisite to an in-person, skills-building session conducted by the SBIRT Training Institute
An Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in Emergency Room
Marijuana Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment in Dental Clinic
Tobacco and Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in Dental Clinic