The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Whirlpool Recalls KitchenAid Electric Kettles Due to Burn Hazard February 20, 2018
- NEMO Equipment Recalls Stargaze Recliner Chairs Due to Fall Hazard; Sold Exclusively at REI February 20, 2018
- Rural King Recalls Electric Blankets and Throws Due to Fire and Burn Hazards February 15, 2018
- Specialized Bicycle Components Recalls Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard February 15, 2018
- ISO Beauty Recalls Hair Dryers Due to Burn Hazard February 14, 2018