The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Factory Direct Wholesale Recalls Folding Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard July 18, 2019
- Bodum Recalls Toasters Due to Shock Hazard July 17, 2019
- K2 Sports Recalls Inline Skates Due to Fall Hazard July 16, 2019
- VIVO Recalls Speaker Wall Mounts Due to Fall and Injury Hazards July 16, 2019
- Wintergreen Essential Oil Recalled by Epic Business Services Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) July 16, 2019