The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Lidl US Recalls Silvercrest Bread Makers Due to Electric Shock Hazard July 8, 2020
- Pranarom Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Poisoning July 8, 2020
- GloryBee Natural Sweeteners Recalls GloryBee Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning July 8, 2020
- Avalon Furniture Recalls Cottage Town Bedroom Furniture Sold at Rooms To Go Due to Violation of Federal Lead Paint Ban; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) July 2, 2020
- A Better You! Recalls Belecoo Strollers Due to Violation of Federal Stroller and Carriage Safety Standard; Fall, Entrapment and Strangulation Hazards (Recall Alert) July 2, 2020