The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Kichler Lighting Recalls Pendant Lights Due to Fire Hazard September 18, 2019
- Humanscale Recalls QuickStand Lite Workstations Due to Injury Hazard September 17, 2019
- Ragdoll & Rockets Recalls Children’s Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard September 10, 2019
- Air Rifles Recalled by DIANA Can Unexpectedly Discharge; Risk of Serious Injury and Death September 10, 2019
- Healing Solutions Recalls Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Poisoning September 10, 2019