The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Scalpa Recalls Scalpa Numb Maximum Strength Topical Anesthetic Cream Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) January 14, 2021
- Juratoys Recalls Toy Trumpets Due to Choking Hazard January 13, 2021
- Sea to Summit Recalls Camping Pots Due to Burn and Scald Hazards January 13, 2021
- Belkin Recalls Portable Wireless Chargers + Stand Special Edition Due to Fire and Shock Hazards January 13, 2021
- Noble House Home Furnishings Recalls Chests, Cabinets and Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards (Recall Alert) January 7, 2021