The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Black Diamond Recalls PIEPS DSP Avalanche Transceivers Due to Risk of Loss of Emergency Communications; One Death Reported April 12, 2021
- GEO Essential Recalls Wintergreen Organic Essential Oil and Alleviate Organic Essential Oil Blend Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) April 8, 2021
- Verizon Recalls 2.5 Million Ellipsis Jetpack Mobile Hotspots Imported by Franklin Wireless Due to Fire and Burn Hazards April 8, 2021
- Goal Zero Recalls Power Cables Due to Fire Hazard April 7, 2021
- Epicure Recalls Glass Prep Bowls Due to Laceration Hazard April 7, 2021