The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Kidde Recalls TruSense Smoke and Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarms Due to Risk of Failure to Alert Consumers to a Fire May 6, 2021
- CFMOTO Recalls All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard (Recall Alert) May 6, 2021
- TJX Recalls Outdoor Wooden Folding Chairs Due to Fall and Injury Hazards; Sold at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra May 5, 2021
- Signature Hardware Recalls Towel Grab Bars Due to Fall and Injury Hazards May 5, 2021
- Kolcraft Reannounces Recall of Inclined Sleeper Accessory and Urges Consumers to Act Now to Prevent Risk of Suffocation May 5, 2021