The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- C3 Manufacturing Recalls Perfect Descent Climbing Systems Climbing Belay Devices Due to Fall Hazard March 19, 2020
- Plant Therapy Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oils and Essential Oil Blends with Wintergreen Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) March 19, 2020
- Lilly of New York Children’s Winter Boots Recalled by Kidz Concepts Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban; Sold Exclusively at Zulily.com (Recall Alert) March 19, 2020
- Kids & Koalas Baby Walkers Recalled Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert) March 19, 2020
- Children’s Tool Kits Recalled by Grizzly Industrial Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban and Toy Safety Requirements March 19, 2020