The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Home Depot Recalls Wood Windsor Dining Chair Sets Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert) February 25, 2021
- MTIG Productions Recalls deSensua Wintergreen, Birch and Pain Soother Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) February 25, 2021
- Dr. Reddy’s Recalls Prescription Drug Blister Packages Due to Risk of Poisoning February 25, 2021
- SmartPool Recalls Children’s Multi-Purpose Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury February 24, 2021
- Urban Outfitters Recalls Margo Taper Candle Holders Due to Fire Hazard February 24, 2021