The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Shimano Recalls Cranksets for Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard September 21, 2023
- DR Power Equipment Recalls DR Power Chipper Shredders Due to Laceration Hazard September 21, 2023
- FXI Recalls Novaform ComfortGrande and DreamAway Mattresses Due to Risk of Mold Exposure; Sold Exclusively at Costco (Recall Alert) September 21, 2023
- H&M Recalls Men’s Clasp Beaded Bracelets Due to Lead Poisoning Hazard; High Levels of Lead Content September 21, 2023
- Make Believe Ideas Recalls Seven Rainbow Road Board Books Due to Choking Hazard September 21, 2023