The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- MI Windows and Doors Recalls Vinyl Sliding Glass Doors Due to Serious Injury Hazard (Recall Alert) November 22, 2023
- PandaEar Recalls Stainless Steel Children’s Cups Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert) November 22, 2023
- Lenovo Recalls USB-C Laptop Power Banks Due to Fire Hazard November 22, 2023
- Balloon Time Mini Helium Tanks Recalled by Worthington Industries Due to Injury Hazard November 22, 2023
- ZLINE Expands Consumer Options in Recall of Gas Ranges; Serious Risk of Injury or Death from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning November 21, 2023