The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- ION Audio Recalls Portable Speakers Due to Explosion Hazard May 21, 2019
- Meijer Recalls French Fry Cutters Due to Laceration Hazard May 16, 2019
- Hush Recalls Anesthetic Gels, Sprays and Foam Soaps Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning May 15, 2019
- Beaba Recalls Baby Food Steam Cooker/Blenders Due to Laceration Hazard May 15, 2019
- Knape & Vogt Recalls Office Workstations Due to Injury Hazard May 14, 2019