The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- GE Appliances, a Haier Company, Recalls to Repair Free-Standing and Slide-In Ranges Due to Tip-Over Hazard December 8, 2021
- Mark of Fifth Avenue Children’s Robes Recalled Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard and Burn Hazard December 8, 2021
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare Recalls Adult Portable Bed Rails After Two Deaths; Entrapment and Asphyxiation Hazards December 6, 2021
- Halo Recalls Promotional Children’s Projector Flashlights Due to Button Battery Ingestion and Choking Hazards December 1, 2021
- E-filliate Recalls DEWALT Wireless Earphones Due to Burn and Fire Hazards December 1, 2021