The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Future Motion Recalls Footpads for Onewheel GT Electric Skateboards Due to Bystander Injury Hazard (Recall Alert) August 11, 2022
- Residential Elevators Recalls Home Elevators Due to Child Entrapment Hazard; Risk of Serious Injury or Death to Young Children August 11, 2022
- Makita U.S.A. Recalls Cordless Hedge Trimmers Due to Laceration Hazard August 4, 2022
- DeWALT Recalls Nearly 1.4 Million Miter Saws Due to Injury and Laceration Hazards August 4, 2022
- Ocean Technology Systems Recalls Underwater Communication Devices Due to Fire Hazard July 28, 2022