The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Polaris Recalls Ranger Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles and Pro XD Utility Vehicles, Gravely ATLAS Utility Vehicles, and Bobcat Utility Vehicles Due to Injury Hazard (Recall Alert) September 28, 2023
- Secura Recalls Air Fryers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert) September 28, 2023
- Rust-Oleum Recalls Fluorescent Pink Spray Paint Due to Injury Hazard September 28, 2023
- Nutraceutical Recalls Solaray Liposomal Multivitamins Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning September 28, 2023
- Procter & Gamble Recalls Zevo Fly, Gnat and Fruit Fly Insect Spray Due to Injury and Laceration Hazards September 28, 2023