The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Sleep Number Recalls Foot Warmers Sold with Sleep Number 360 Smart Beds Due to Burn Hazard (Recall Alert) November 17, 2017
- Arctic Cat Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Recalled by Textron Specialized Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard November 16, 2017
- Precision Shooting Recalls Archery Crossbows Due to Injury Hazard November 16, 2017
- Wholesale Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standards; Explosion and Burn Hazards November 15, 2017
- Bush Hog Recalls Riding Lawn Mowers Due to Laceration Hazard November 15, 2017