The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Primark Recalls Kitten Heel Court Shoes Due to High Levels of Chromium; Risk of Skin Irritation May 27, 2020
- Sanvall Enterprises Recalls Rapid Alivio Pain Relieving Roll-On Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning May 27, 2020
- Viva Doria Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) May 21, 2020
- Herman Miller and Design Within Reach Recall Dressers and Cabinets Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards; Remedy May Be Delayed Due to COVID-19 Restrictions; Keep Product Away from Children (Recall Alert) May 21, 2020
- Bunz Kidz Children’s Sleepwear Sets Recalled by Stargate Apparel Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Burn Hazard May 20, 2020