The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- REVIVE Essential Oil Recalls Wintergreen and Birch Essential Oils and Sore No More, Ache Away and Breeze Essential Oil Blends Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) August 6, 2020
- Hercules Recalls Moravian Star Lights Due to Fire and Electrical Shock Hazards August 5, 2020
- WD-40 Company Recalls X-14 Mildew Stain Remover Due to Risk of Skin Irritation August 5, 2020
- Bio Source Naturals Recalls Wintergreen and Birch Sweet Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning (Recall Alert) July 30, 2020
- Miles Industries Recalls Gas Fireplaces Due to Burn and Laceration Hazards (Recall Alert) July 30, 2020