The Connecticut Poison Control Center (CPCC) provides emergency poison information to members of the public whose loved ones are exposed to toxic substances, and to the health care professionals who care for them. Most exposures involve children under six years of age, but adults can be poisoned, too.
We charge no fees for our emergency services, and we are available to all citizens of Connecticut 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We also provide educational materials and programs to prevent future toxic exposures, and perform research to improve the detection and treatment of victims of toxic exposures.
No one who calls the Connecticut Poison Control Center for emergency poison information is ever turned away!
- Xtava Recalls Allure Hair Dryers Due to Fire, Burn and Electrical Shock Hazards August 15, 2018
- Koehler-Bright Star Recalls Flashlights Due to Explosion Hazard August 14, 2018
- Vitamix Recalls Ascent and Venturist Series Blending Containers Due to Laceration Hazard August 9, 2018
- Harbor Freight Tools Recalls Handgun Safes Due to Serious Injury Hazard August 9, 2018
- Polaris Recalls Gravely Utility Vehicles Due To Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert) August 8, 2018