1. ESL (English as a Second Language)
- The Literacy Volunteers of Greater Hartford provide adult literacy services to the Greater Hartford community.
- EASTCONN offers FREE classes in English speaking, listening, reading and writing. You can attend classes in the morning, afternoon or evening and they have multiple convenient locations. They focus on English skills that you can use in your daily life, on the job, in stores, and in school.
- Contact one of EASTCONN's local office's or visit their website for more information.
- Willimantic Area: 860-423-2591
- Danielson Area: 860-779-3770
- Hartford Reentry Welcome Center is a community-run center providing information, referrals, and services to people returning from incarceration.
- Location: 550 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06103
- Phone #: (860)-263-8476
- Link to their website: https://cpa-ct.org/reentrywelcomecenter/
3. Adult Education
- The Adult Education Center offers classes for adults seeking a GED or NEDP, increase their English language skills, or prepare for their citizenship test.
- For the resources, please click here
- Location: 110 Washington Street, Hartford, CT 06106
- EASTCONN offers free classes for adults seeking a GED or NEDP
- The Goodwill Hartford Career Center provides computers, career coaches, and workshops to assist with job applications.
- Location: 315 New Park Ave, Hartford, CT 06106
- Phone #: (860)-856-2301
- The career center is only taking clients at the following times:
- Mon-Fri 9AM-10AM, 10:15AM-11:15AM, 11:30AM-12:30PM, 1:30PM-2:30PM, 2:45PM-3:45PM
- Everyone is required to wear a mask, social distance, as well as get your temperature checked
- An appointment is not needed if your visit does not pertain to a cover letter or resume
- Assistance with cover letters is now being performed virtually
- For food resources in Storrs, Tolland, and Manchester click here
- Hands On Hartford helps Hartford residents get food more easily.
- Location: 55 Bartholomew Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106
- Phone #: (860) 246-6757
- Hot Meals are available:
- Breakfast: Mon-Thurs, 9-10AM
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs, 12-1PM
- Dinner: Mondays, 6-6:30PM
- Wearing a face mask is required
- Information about the food pantry:
- Anyone who lives in any town in Connecticut is eligible
- Hours of Operation:
- Monday and Thursday: 10:15AM - 11:30AM and 1:15PM - 4:30PM
- Each person will receive a dry and wet bag of groceries
- A photo ID and proof of address are required (proof of address doesn't have to match the photo ID)
- UConn Health Financial Counseling can help you apply for Medicaid and can help make your care here more affordable.
- Phone #: (860)-679-4120
- GoodRx is a website that helps save patients money on their prescriptions, so they can afford to buy them.
- Website: http://www.goodrx.com/
11. Tobacco/Nicotine Cessation
- The CT Quitline is a telephone helpline offered free of charge that provides cessation counseling, quitting information, answers to your questions, and support you need while quitting.
- MyChart is a secure online patient portal and app that allows patients and their families a more hands-on approach to managing their health care.
- MyChart Website: https://mychart.uconn.edu/MyChart/
13. Behavioral Health Agencies and Hospital Departments That Have Psychiatrists and Therapists
- If you are seeking behavioral health agencies and hospital departments that are located in the greater Hartford area and have Psychiatrists and Therapists present, please click here.
Resources to Print Out: