Always Open. No Appointment Needed.
When you need emergency medical attention, trust UConn Health to provide fast and thorough care for you and your family. Our highly-trained specialists diagnose and treat thousands of patients every year, right here in the Farmington Valley.
Our emergency department offers innovative care delivered by a team of health care providers who work together to quickly diagnose many different conditions, often using point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) to see inside the body in real-time. With our award-winning stroke treatment and rapid heart attack care, the choice is clear.
Safety Is Our Priority
UConn Health has enacted extra precautions and guidelines to maintain the highest level of safety for our patients, visitors, and employees.
Some of these measures include:
- Symptom screening and temperature checks at all our entrances.
- Social distancing measures in waiting rooms, hallways, and all common areas.
- Thoroughly cleaning exam rooms pre- and post-patient visit.
- Ensuring all our staff and providers wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow CDC guidelines.
- Requiring patients to wear masks at all times.
Take a Tour of the Emergency Department
Take a video tour of the emergency department at UConn John Dempsey Hospital with Dr. Robert Fuller, chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine at UConn Health. The ED has more than 40 private patient rooms, a dedicated CT scan and X-ray, and a fast track for minor emergencies.
Spotlight on Emergency Care
UConn Health Minute: Emergency Cardiac Care
Power of Possible: Emergency Department