Research Skills and Interests
- Fields of expertise include Chaos Theory, Agent-based models, Numerical Analysis with Maple, MATLAB and Sage, Statistics with R and SAS
- Interested in Chaos theory for biologically relevant systems, mathematical models based on clinical data for diseases.
- Well versed in interdisciplinary research.
- Ad-hoc peer reviewer of relevant articles on mathematical biology.
- Highly organized and driven to deliver results on time.
- Fields of expertise include disability studies, multiple identities of students with disabilities.
- Interested in mathematical models based on longitudinal data for students with disabilities.
- Incorporating history of mathematics in introductory college mathematics classrooms.
- Effective in establishing collaborations across departments/universities.
- Koshy-Chenthittayil, S.; Archambault, L.; Senthilkumar, D.; Laubenbacher, R.; Mendes, P.; Dongari-Bagtzoglou, A. Agent Based Models of Polymicrobial Biofilms and the Microbiome—A Review. Microorganisms 2021, 9, 417. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms9020417
- Koshy-Chenthittayil, S.; Dimitrova, E.; Jenkins E.W.; Dean, B.C. (2020). A Computational Framework for Finding Parameter Sets Associated with Chaotic Dynamics (Submitted)
- Koshy-Chenthittayil, S.; Mendes, P; Laubenbacher R.L. (2020). Optimization of agent-based models through dimension reduction: a case study in microbial ecology (Submitted)
- Sun, M.; Koshy-Chenthittayil, S.; & D’Souza, N. F. (2020). Quantitative Medicine and Reflection on Summer Research in Mathematical Biology. Harvard Educational Review, 90(2), 322-330.
- Koshy-Chenthittayil, S. & Dimitrova, E. (2020). From Chaos to Permanence Using Control Theory. Advances in Mathematical Sciences, 85-106.
- Dean, B.C.; Dimitrova, E.; Galande, A.; Jenkins, E.W.; Koshy, S. (2016). Determining Parameters Leading to Chaotic Dynamics in Systems https://arxiv.org/abs/1604.06951
- Morales-Hernandez, M.D.; Farfan Dsouza, N.; Koshy-Chenthittayil, S. (2021). Biographical essays as an effective tool to engage International students in American College Mathematics. (Submitted)
- Monica D. Morales-Hernandez; Sherli Koshy-Chenthittayil; Pamela E. Harris; Alicia Prieto Langarica, and Melissa Gutiérrez González (2020). Using 2020 spring student experience data to inform future course planning. MAA MathValues Blog. https://www.mathvalues.org/masterblog/using-2020-spring-student-experience-data-to-inform-future-course-planning
- Koshy-Chenthittayil, S. & Farfan Dsouza, N. (2019). The Access and Equity for Students with Disabilities (SWD) in STEM Higher Education. PacRim 2019 Conference Proceedings. Published by Center on Disability Studies, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. https://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/69320
- Vice President, UJPDA (UConn Health-Jackson Labs Postdoctoral Association) (Aug 2019-present)
- Member of Board of Directors, Connecticut Public Health Association (Jan 2019-present)
- Coordinator of Mathematics in Medicine Journal Club at UConn Health (March 2019-present)
- Part of the AWM playing cards project management committee (Sep 2019-present) - in charge of putting together the website for the Women in Math playing cards initiative.
Ph.D., Mathematics, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA
August 2013 – May 2017
Dissertation titled ‘Chaos to Permanence- Through Control Theory’
M.S., Mathematics, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA
August 2013 – April 2015
Master’s Thesis on ‘Determination of Chaos in Different Dynamical Systems’