Contingency Management Publications
We have more than ten years of experience conducting research on contingency management interventions.
- View a list of Contingency Management-related publications by our team.
- Petry, N. M. (2013). Contingency management for substance abuse treatment: A guide to implementing this evidence-based practice. Routledge. View a sample chapter.
- Visit PubMed Central for a full-text digital archive of publications that result from research funded by the National Institutes of Health
Contingency Management Manuals and Videos
- Contingency Management: Using Motivational Incentives to Improve Drug Abuse Treatment (Download manual and watch video, Petry and Stitzer, 2002): Available from the Yale Psychotherapy Development Center.
- A Clinician’s Guideline for Implementing Contingency Management (Petry, 2001): Available from the Behavioral Health Recovery Guidelines website.
- A Community Reinforcement Approach: Treating Cocaine Addiction (Higgins and Budney, 1998): This treatment manual includes information on voucher-based contingency management. It is provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Rating Contingency Management Sessions that Reinforce Abstinence Using the Contingency Management Competence Scale (Ledgerwood and Petry, 2010)
- Contingency Management Competence Scale for Reinforcing Attendance (Petry and Ledgerwood, 2010)
More information on contingency management is available on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices website.