- Experimental upregulation of developmentally downregulated ribosomal protein large subunits 7 and 7A promotes axon regeneration after injury in vivo. *Corresponding author.
. Experimental Neurology, 2023; 114510
- Retinal ganglion cell repopulation for vision restoration in optic neuropathy: a roadmap from the RReSTORe Consortium. *Trakhtenberg, E.F., is a member of the RReSTORe Consortium.
Soucy, J.R., Johnson, T.V. *RReSTORe Consortium, et al. Molecular Neurodegeneration, 2023; 18(1):64
- Premature axon-oligodendrocyte interaction contributes to stalling of experimental axon regeneration after injury to the white matter. *Corresponding author.
. Neural Regeneration Research, 2023; 19(3):469-470
- CellTools algorithm for mapping scRNA-seq query cells to the reference dataset improves the classification of resilient and susceptible retinal ganglion cell types. *Corresponding author.
- Transcriptomic profiling of retinal cells reveals a subpopulation of microglia/macrophages expressing Rbpms marker of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) that confound identification of RGCs. *Corresponding author.
. Brain Research, 2023; 1811:148377
- The people behind the papers – Jian Xing, Agnieszka Lukomska, Bruce Rheaume and Ephraim Trakhtenberg.
The Company of Biologists. Development, 2023; 150(8):dev201870
- Experimental gene expression of developmentally downregulated Crmp1, Crmp4, and Crmp5 promotes axon regeneration and retinal ganglion cell survival after optic nerve injury. *Corresponding author.
. Brain Research, 2023; 1809:148368
- Pten inhibition dedifferentiates long-distance axon-regenerating intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells and upregulates mitochondria-associated Dynlt1a and Lars2. *Corresponding author.
. Development, 2023; 150(8):dev.201644
- Post-injury born oligodendrocytes incorporate into the glial scar and contribute to the inhibition of axon regeneration. *Corresponding author.
. Development, 2023; 150(8):dev.201311
- Developmentally upregulated Transcriptional Elongation Factor A like 3 suppresses axon regeneration after optic nerve injury. *Corresponding author.
Lukomska, A.; Kim, J.; Rheaume, B.A.; Xing, J.; Hoyt, A.; Lecky, E.; Damania, A.; Steidl, T.; and Trakhtenberg, E.F . Neuroscience Letters, 2021; 765(20):136260
- Corneal nonmyelinating Schwann cells illuminated by single-cell transcriptomics and visualized by protein biomarkers.
Bargagna-Mohan, P., Schultz, G., Rheaume, B.A., Trakhtenberg, E.F., Robson, P., Pal-Ghosh, S., Stepp, M.A., Given, K.S., Macklin, W.B., and Mohan, R. J Neurosci Res, 2020; 99(3):731-749
- Single cell transcriptome profiling of retinal ganglion cells identifies cellular subtypes. *Corresponding author.
. Nature Communications, 2018; 9(2759)
- The extent of extra-axonal tissue damage determines the levels of CSPG upregulation and the success of experimental axon regeneration in the CNS. *Corresponding author.
Scientific Reports, 2018; 8(1):9839
- Zinc chelation and Klf9 knockdown cooperatively promote axon regeneration after optic nerve injury. *Corresponding author.
Larry I. Experimental Neurology, 2017; 300:22-29
- Cell types differ in global coordination of splicing and proportion of highly expressed genes. *Corresponding author.
Scientific Reports, 2016; 6:32249
- Serotonin receptor 2C regulates neurite growth and is necessary for normal retinal processing of visual information. *Co-corresponding author.
Developmental Neurobiology, 2016; 77(4):419-437
- The N-terminal Set-β Protein Isoform Induces Neuronal Death. *Co-corresponding author.
The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2015; 290(21):13417-26
Neuroinflammation: New Insights into Beneficial and Detrimental Functions, 2015; 189-204
- Regulation of intrinsic axon growth ability at retinal ganglion cell growth cones.
Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2014; 55(7):4369-77
- Regulating Set-β's Subcellular Localization Toggles Its Function between Inhibiting and Promoting Axon Growth and Regeneration. *Co-corresponding author.
The Journal of Neuroscience, 2014; 34(21):7361-74
- Soluble adenylyl cyclase activity is necessary for retinal ganglion cell survival and axon growth.
The Journal of Neuroscience, 2012; 32(22):7734-44
- Epigenetic regulation of axon and dendrite growth. *Co-corresponding author.
Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience, 2012; 524
- The role of serotonin in axon and dendrite growth. *Co-corresponding author.
International Review of Neurobiology, 2012; 106105-26
- β1 integrin-focal adhesion kinase (FAK) signaling modulates retinal ganglion cell (RGC) survival.
PloS One, 2012; 7(10):e48332
- Neuroimmune communication.
Science, 2011; 334(6052):47-8
- The effects of guided imagery on the immune system: a critical review. *Corresponding author.
The International Journal of Neuroscience, 2008; 118(6):839-55
- Axon Growth and Regeneration: Part I. Preface.
International Review of Neurobiology, 2012; 105
- Axon Growth and Regeneration: Part II. Preface.
International Review of Neurobiology, 2012; 106