Taking the Pain Out of Pain Management Through the Optimal Use of HIT
Recorded on January 13th, 2021
Target Audience: Physicians, Pharmacists, Students, Residents, and other health care professionals with needs, interests or training in Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange
This is a knowledge-based activity.
Learning Objectives: Participants will (be able to):
- Define the current situation with opioid prescribing in Connecticut and regionally.
- Describe the current statutory requirements for prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) access in Connecticut funding opportunities.
- Explain the various integration methods of the PDMP into the electronic health record (EHR) and assess each method.
- Describe lessons learned through a pilot project of CDS (clinical decision support) Connect for pain management.
- Discuss the opportunities supported by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to deploy clinical decision support for pain management that is easier to adopt, use, and maintain.