Aetna Health Professions Partnership Initiative
Please Note: This program, Parent/Guardian Orientation Workshops and Parental Seminar Series will be held virtually during the 2022-2023 academic school year.
The Program Is:
- For 12th grade students interested in medicine, dental medicine or biomedical research. Priority acceptance into the program will be given to former Great Explorations, Jumpstart, and Junior Doctors Academies participants and students enrolled in Hartford Public Schools.
- Provides students with a review of pre-calculus, calculus, biology, physics, anatomy and physiology, and writing.
- Offers a four-week, Monday-Friday, Summer Academic Enrichment Program for the selected students.
- Offers a 30-week, Saturday Academy during the academic school year where students can continue to enhance their academic skills, college preparation, and exposure to careers in the health professions.
- Classes are held at UConn Health. Transportation is provided to Hartford residents.
- Provides qualified students with an earned stipend.
- Geared towards students who meet certain socio-economic guidelines (low income and/or first generation to attend college) and demonstrate a strong motivation and potential to enroll in a four year college program. See application for additional qualification criteria.
- Parent/Guardian Orientation Workshops are held for all students participating in the program.
- Parental Seminar Series are held for parents/guardians of all students participating in the program.
- Enables students to be eligible to participate in the Pre-college Enrichment Program during the summer of their graduating senior year.
- October 8, 2022 to May 13, 2023: 30-week Saturday Academy
- June 26, 2023 to July 21, 2023: Four-week, Monday-Friday Summer Program
- June 1, 2023: Application Deadline
How to Apply
All Applicants Should:
- Be a rising senior in high school.
- Have a ‘B’ average or better.
- Submit an essay.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a Science or Math teacher or guidance counselor.
- Have an official transcript submitted from each high school attended.
- Submit a completed application form using the online system. An application is available for you to work on the components prior to submitting online. An online submission is required for your application to be reviewed.
Administrative Program Assistant II
Department of Health Career Opportunity Programs
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3920