Aetna Health Professions Partnership Initiative
This program has been cancelled until further notice.
The Program Is:
- For college pre-freshmen who will be matriculating at UConn. Priority consideration will be given to pipeline participants.
- A six-week summer program.
- Focused on enhancing the preparation of high school seniors for college.
- Held on the campus of UConn in Storrs.
- Provides a research experience in one of the basic science laboratories.
- Structured to provide room and board.
How to Apply
All Applicants Should:
- Be college pre-freshmen who will be matriculating at UConn with a ‘B’ average or better.
- Have a high motivation and demonstrated potential for pursuing a career in medicine, dental medicine or biomedical research.
- Be from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in the health professions (African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian) or others from disadvantaged backgrounds who meet all eligibility criteria and have a high probability of fulfilling the social and educational goals of this program.
- Submit a completed application to email@example.com.
- Have an official transcript submitted from each high school attended.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, at least one from a science teacher.
- Provide a copy of your Federal Income Tax Form 1040 or Equivalent (submit 1040 when completed and filed).
- Submit official SAT and/or ACT score report.
Priority consideration will be given to Pipeline participants.
Kerry-Ann Stewart, Ph.D.
Department of Health Career Opportunity Programs
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3920