Aetna Health Professions Partnership Initiative
This Program Is:
- For 11th and 12th grade students interested in medicine, dental medicine or biomedical research. Priority consideration will be given to pipeline participants.
- A five-week summer program.
- Provides students with a research experience in one of the basic science or clinical laboratories.
- Held at UConn Health or Central Connecticut State University.
- Requires students to be able to commute daily to UConn Health or Central Connecticut State University.
- Provides students with an earned stipend.
- June 20, 2023 to July 21, 2023: Five-week, Monday-Friday Summer Program
- April 1, 2023: Application Deadline
All Applicants Should:
- Have completed their junior year of high school with a ‘B’ average or better, and have reached their 16th by the start of the program.
- Be from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in the health professions (African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian) or others from disadvantaged backgrounds who meet all eligibility criteria and have a high probability of fulfilling the social and educational goals of this program.
- Be from a Connecticut high school that has an on-site School-to-Career or Career-to-Work Coordinator during the academic year, as well as summer months. This does not apply to Connecticut high school graduates or students who will be 18 years of age at the start of the program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
How to Apply
- Submit a completed application form using the online system. A PDF of the application is available for you to work on the components prior to submitting online, application form. An online submission is required for your application to be reviewed.
- Submit an official transcript from each high school attended.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, at least one from a science teacher.
- Provide a copy of your Federal Income Tax Form 1040 or equivalent for the current tax year (submit 1040 when completed and filed).
- Submit Application.
Priority consideration will be given to Pipeline participants.
Administrative Program Assistant II
Department of Health Career Opportunity Programs
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3920