Aetna Health Professions Partnership Initiative
Please Note: This program, Parent/Guardian Orientation Workshops and Parental Seminar Series will be held virtually during the 2022-2023 academic school year.
- A science enrichment program that engages 6th to 8th grade students in hands-on science activities and college exploration.
- Provides educational enrichment in science, math, reading and college preparation activities during the academic school year at the following schools: Bellizzi, Kennelly, Naylor, Sport and Medical Sciences Academy, West Middle School, Jumoke Academy, Metropolitan Learning Center, Two Rivers Magnet Middle School, and the Academy of Science and Innovation. (Contact your school counselor and/or science teacher.)
- Offers a four-week, Monday through Friday, Summer Academic Enrichment Program for rising 8th grade participants. Students receive instruction in language arts, math, science, college awareness classes and engage in educational programs to raise awareness in the health professions. Students are provided breakfast and lunch. If the student is a Hartford resident, transportation is provided as well.
- Offers a 30-week, Saturday Academy during the academic school year where 8th grade students can continue to strengthen their academic skills and college preparation.
- Parent/Guardian Orientation Workshops are held for all students participating in the summer and Saturday Academy Program.
- Parental Seminar Series are held for parents/guardians of all students participating in the program.
- October 8, 2022 to May 13, 2023: 30-week Saturday Academy
- June 26, 2023 to July 21, 2023: Four-week, Monday-Friday Summer Program
- June 1, 2023: Application Deadline
All Applicants Should:
- Be a rising eighth grader.
- Have a ‘B‘ average or better.
- Submit an essay.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a Science or Math teacher or guidance counselor.
- Have an official CMT score report.
- Submit a completed application form.
How to Apply
Submit a completed application form using the online system. An application is available for you to work on the components prior to submitting online. An online submission is required for your application to be reviewed.
Administrative Program Assistant II
Department of Health Career Opportunity Programs
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3920