Twelve tips for developing and maintaining a remediation program in medical education. (2016). Adina Kalet, Jeannette Guerrasio & Calvin L. Chou. Medical Teacher.
Careers in Medicine. If you do not already have an account with Careers in Medicine, contact our institutional liaison, Liz Golebieski email@example.com to be given access. To access Careers in Medicine you will also need an AAMC password.
- Dynamic Empathy. A tool for managing people and working across teams. For mentoring, advising or coaching, read Scenario 5.
- Mentoring Made Easy: Tips and Strategies. Amy James. November 20, 2016. (53:28)
- Mentoring Resource Pages at Other Institutions
- Mentoring and Advising. Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan
- Giving Effective Feedback: A Faculty Development Online Module and Workshop. Aagaard E, Czernik Z, Rossi C, Guiton G. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2010;6:8119.
- Medical Student Mentoring Guide. Prunuske J, Chadwell M. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2014;10:9861. MedEdPORTAL.
- AAMC Compact Between Resident Physicians and Their Teachers
- Mentoring and Being Mentored. Chapter 5 in Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty.
Coaching in Medical Education: A Faculty Handbook. (2017). N.M. Deiorio & M. Hammound (Eds.) American Medical Association.
Learning to Address Impairment and Fatigue to Enhance Patient Safety (LIFE). Duke University's curriculum for faculty and trainees to address trainee fatigue, stress and depression, substance abuse, disruptive behavior, burnout, boundary violations, impairment and giving instructive feedback. Video and teacher's guide.
Professionalism in Medicine. Jefferson Medical College. Short videos on a range of topics, following by written student and faculty comments.
Project Professionalism. American Board of Internal Medicine.