- Curriculum Reform: M Delta
- Faculty Instructional Technology Services
- Faculty Development EXPRESS: Tools for Time-Challenged Faculty. Kuhn C, Chudgar S, Engle D, et al. 2015;11:10008. MedEdPORTAL. See the tool on Adult Learning.
- Teaching and Course Design. Chapter 13 in Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty.
- Teaching Trainers to Train A. Fornari (2007).
- Mini-manual for Writing Learning Objectives by Suzanne Rose, M.D., MS.Ed.
- Developing Meaningful Learning Objectives for Courses and Clerkships. Ryan M. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2015;11:10195.
Team Based Learning
- Team Based Learning: A Practical Guide. Parmelee, Michaelsen, Cook and Hudes. Medical Teacher 34(5), 2012. Dean Parmelee at Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, is a leader in TBL in medical education. Larry Michaelsen, also an author, created TBL 30 years ago at the University of Oklahoma's School of Business.
- Integrating Team Based Learning into Medical School Curriculum. Melinda Sanders, M.D. October 30, 2014. (57:51)
- Creating TBL Modules for M Delta. Melinda Sanders, M.D., Tom Manger, M.D., Ph.D., Rick Zeff, Ph.D., Zita Lazzarini. J.D., M.P.H. April 28, 2016. (1:26:28)
- Team Based Learning Collaborative
- Teaching Clinical Reasoning. Dan Henry, M.D., FACP. April 26, 2012. (56:58)
Teaching, Self-Directed Learning, and Reflection. Rick Nishimura, M.D. Six minutes of wisdom from this Mayo Teacher of the Year on how to help students, residents and fellows become self-directed learners. Mayo Clinic Take 5 Channel. (5:52)
Teaching the Clinical Exam. John Bundrick, M.D. Mayo Clinic Take 5 Channel. (5:27)
- Tips Bedside Teaching
One Minute Preceptor. Margaret Dow, M.D. Teaching in a busy clinical setting. Mayo Clinic Take 5 Channel. (6:15)
Culturally Competent Instruction
- Cultural Competence Education for Medical Students. AAMC (2005).
- Teaching About Racism and Health Disparities in an Inclusive Environment. Zita Lazzarini, J.D., M.P.H., and David Henderson, M.D. July 28, 2016. (58:34)
- Teaching About Racism in the Context of Persistent Health and Healthcare Disparities: How Educators Can Enlighten Themselves and Their Learners. Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. Toolkit. May 2016.
- UConn Rainbow Center. This resource serves UConn’s diverse communities of gender identities, gender expressions and sexualities. The “Resources” tab takes you to materials to create inclusive curricula and classrooms.
- Do You Wonder What “Implicit Bias” Is? Go to Project Implicit.
- Either register, or click on “continue as guest”.
- Click on “general information about the IAT”, and the link for FAQs.
- Take one or more of the Implicit Association Tests (IAT). There are IATs for gender, race, religions, disabilities, and more.
- Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Smedley, B.D., Stith, A.Y., and Nelson, R. (eds). National Academies Press.