- MedEdPortal. This AAMC service promotes the open exchange of peer-reviewed teaching and assessment resources. To access MedEdPortal, you need an AAMC password.
- Using Assessment to Drive Learning by Karen Richardson-Nassif, Ph.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine. September 11, 2014. (55:40)
Multiple Choice Questions
- National Board of Medical Examiners Constructing Written Test Questions for the Basic and Clinical Sciences. This is the Gold Book used by those who write for the USMLE exams. The purpose is to help faculty improve the quality of the multiple choice questions written for examinations.
- Writing Multiple Choice Questions: An Introductory Tutorial by the National Board of Medical Examiners. This is a 45 minute (approximately) interactive tutorial that gives examples of well written and poorly worded questions.
- Writing Effective Multiple Choice Exam Questions. Bruce Koeppen, M.D., Ph.D. March 26, 2007. (51:20)
- Writing Meaningful Narrative Evaluations. David Henderson, M.D. March 4, 2010. (5:47)
Giving Effective Feedback
- Giving Effective Feedback: A Faculty Development Online Module and Workshop. Aagaard E, Czernik Z, Rossi C, Guiton G. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2010;6:8119.
- Faculty Development EXPRESS: Tools for Time-Challenged Faculty. Kuhn C, Chudgar S, Engle D, et al. 2015;11:10008. MedEdPORTAL. See the tools for Feedback, Problem Trainee, Assessment and Evaluation.
Cooking Up Effective Feedback. Guidelines on giving verbal feedback in the clinical setting. Mayo Clinic Take 5 Channel. (4:20)
Creating Effective Written Evaluations. Christopher J. Boes, M.D. Five tips for specific, descriptive and growth oriented comments. Mayo Clinic Take 5 Channel. (6:32)