Home Visitation Mind Over Mood Initiative
Bridging Gaps in Accessing Treatment and Care for Mothers in Early Childhood Home Visitation
The Mind Over Mood Initiative partners independent practice therapists with OEC early childhood home visitation programs statewide. This initiative focuses on the art of providing therapy to mothers in their homes. Husky-credentialed therapists willing to adapt their practice to include home-based treatment for mothers experiencing depression or anxiety are invited to join us for this one-day training.
The training will provide an overview of early childhood home visitation, treatment modalities including CBT, mindfulness, attachment, positive psychology, and an overview of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs).
Training is intended for licensed mental health clinicians who are:
- Established independent (private) practice
- Credentialed with Husky (Connecticut's medical assistance program)
- Willing to provide therapy in family homes
- Passionate about meeting the emotional and psychological needs of pregnant and postpartum mothers
- Interested in partnership with an early childhood home visitation program
- Able to receive confidential referrals by fax
FOR INDEPENDENT PRACTICE, HUSKY CREDENTIALED THERAPISTS DEDICATED TO MATERNAL MENTAL HEALTH PRACTICE
Mind over Mood Therapist Partnership Upcoming CEC Trainings (Virtual)
Session 1: Maternal Mental Health
Wednesday April 7, 2021 12:00-2:00pm
Session II: Art of Home-Based Psychotherapy
Friday April 23, 2021 9:00-12:30pm
To be considered for a partnership, an application must be submitted. Participation in partnership training is by invitation only.