A Postdoctoral Position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Daniel W. Rosenberg in the Center for Molecular Oncology at the University of Connecticut Health Center.
Our long-term goals are to apply mouse genetic cancer models to understand early stages of cancer pathogenesis, and to develop effective chemo prevention strategies to reduce cancer risk. We are recruiting a highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. and/or M.D./Ph.D. in cell and molecular biology or a related discipline to study the chemo preventive efficacy of naturally-occurring polyphenolic compounds present in certain foods.
• Lead a project focused on the role of polyphenolic compounds in cancer prevention.
• Both in vitro and in vivo preclinical work will be required.
• Keep detailed and accurate logs of experiments from conception to analysis using appropriate software tools.
• Prepare presentations for meetings/conferences and manuscripts for publication of new research findings.
• Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, or a related field
• Expertise with animal models, immunologic assays, cell culture systems, and basic molecular biology techniques is required.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to respond effectively to constructive feedback.
• Ability to handle advanced statistical packages for data analysis.
• Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and have serious ambition to further develop their scientific career. They will have a desire to be challenged and to learn new scientific techniques and develop novel approaches.
Interested applicants should send their, cover letter, CV/resume and List of references directly to Dr. Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org