UConn Health Tumor Board CME
Provided by the UConn School of Medicine and Office of Community and Continuing Medical Education.
The University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Office of Community and Continuing Medical Education, is now offering CME to our UConn licensed physician faculty/clinicians, affiliated UConn licensed physician faculty/clinicians, APRN’s, and other invitees or learners who actively participates and attend any of our live UConn Health Tumor Board sessions. The CME office values the uniqueness of the Tumor Board learning process in which it addresses the educational content differently than our other more common traditional CME learning activity types, along with the understanding that each member of the Tumor Board is indeed an active learner. Please earn your CME for attending one of our “live” UConn Tumor Boards by completing the CME evaluation today!
To complete CME Tumor Board CME Survey: Tumor Board CME Evaluation Survey
Target Audience: UConn Health Tumor Board Committee members, invitees and/or other learners who are Licensed Physician Faculty/Clinicians, affiliated UConn Health Licensed Physician Faculty/Clinicians, or APRN’s.
Program Duration: May 1, 2021 through April 30, 2024
Learning Objectives: Participants Will (Be Able to):
- Utilize multidisciplinary approaches to diagnosis and staging of patients with cancer including the findings from imaging, biopsy and surgery, genetic and molecular studies.
- Implement optimal treatment plans for the patients with cancer managed at UConn Health integrating surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy as needed.
- Describe evidence and/or guideline-based approaches to therapy as well as available clinical trials.
- Address the cultural, linguistic, ethnic, religious, and socio-economic barriers which may affect a given patient’s treatment.
UConn Health Tumor Board CME Activity Director: Melinda Sanders, M.D., Medical Director for Continuing Medical Education
UConn Health Tumor Board CME Co-Activity Director: Christine McNally, B.S., M.S., CME Administrative & Curricular Manager
UConn Health Tumor Board CME Activity Administrator: Diane Blahun, B.S., CME Administrator & Clinical Systems
Tumor Boards & Coordinators:
- Gynecologic, Coordinator, Ashley Aust, RN
- Genitourinary, Coordinator, Ashley Aust, RN
- Gastrointestinal, Coordinator, Sophie Masternak, RN
- Melanoma, Coordinator, Sophie Masternak, RN
- Lung, Coordinator, Wendy Thibodeau, RN
- Breast, Coordinator, Evelyn Wong, RN
- CNS, Coordinator, Sophie Masternak, RN
- Hematologic, Coordinator, Wendy Thibodeau, RN
The University of Connecticut School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Connecticut School of Medicine designates this Committee Learning CME activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Conflict of Interest Policy: All faculty participating in CME activities provided by the University of Connecticut School of Medicine are required to disclose to the program audience any actual or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations. Program planners have an obligation to resolve any actual conflicts of interest and share with the audience any safeguards put in place to prevent commercial bias from influencing the content.
Neither the activity director, the activity co-director, the activity administrator, the tumor board coordinators, nor planning committee members have a financial interest/arrangement or affiliation with any organizations that could be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest in the context of the subjects of this program.
This CME activity does not involve the use of any off-labeled products.
This CME activity has no commercial support associated with it.
Confidentiality: We are committed to protecting your privacy. The information that we collect is for the purpose of awarding CME credits and to evaluate each activity and the educational series as a whole. Other than through the evaluation form, no information is being gathered about people who choose to participate in this program.
This is a Case Conference/Morbidity and Mortality/Tumor Board document and is confidential in accordance with Section 19a-17b of the Connecticut General Statutes.
Questions: For questions or further information regarding CME for Tumor Board sessions, please contact the CME office at email@example.com.