Fiesta Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 ears corn, roasted, kernels cut off cob, or 1 cup frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans or soy beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine quinoa and broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce heat an simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, corn, pepper, beans, scallions, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, and spices. Pour over quinoa and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Oldways Nutrition Exchange (oldwayspt.org)