Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 12 oz. spring lettuce mix
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 3/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make dressing, mix vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, sugar, and mustard until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in cocoa until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss salad and cooked quinoa. Divide among serving plates; top with strawberries, onion, almonds, and mint. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.