Butternut Squash with Sticky Walnut Topping
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large (2 1/2 lb.) butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Combine 1 Tbsp sage, oil, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl; rub over squash haves. Place squash, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- In saucepan, combine 1 Tbsp sage, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, syrup, molasses, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes util syrupy. Remove pan from heat, stir in walnuts, and spoon over squash.