Zoodles with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Ricotta
- 2 t olive oil
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 small tomatoes, cored and diced
- 2 large or 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 2 t Italian seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and cook for 10 minutes or until fully reduced.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Add zoodles to skillet an stir and coat with tomato sauce. Make ‘pockets’ of zoodles, and spoon ricotta in filling. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Garnish with additional parmesan prior to serving.
Recipe provided by: Sodexo