Physical Activity Digital Resources
Do you want easy access to fitness?
These FREE Apps can help you to get in a workout and stay motivated:
- Nike+ Training Club - This app can help you to set goals and includes workouts by Nike fitness trainers and professional athletes.
- Nike+ Training Club – This app tracks the miles you run with a coach guiding you, while helping you to develop training plans and reach your goals.
- Workout Trainer – You can use this app whether you are a beginner or have years of experience. This app is great for an At-Home workout! No need to pick up a weight, most of these exercise focus on using your bodyweight to challenge you.
- JEFIT- Bring this app to the gym with you and grab some free weights or use a weight machine and get started.
- Johnson and Johnson Official 7 Minute Workout- Only have a few minutes to work out? This is the app for you! Get in an intense workout in just minutes.
- Daily Yoga- Do a yoga class in less than 30 minutes. Help your body to stretch, relax and recover.
Facebook pages for various wellness groups:
- Squash https://www.facebook.com/groups/uchcsquash/
- Peloton (cycling) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1434139050033496/
- Yoga https://www.facebook.com/groups/196068707137393/
- Tennis https://www.facebook.com/groups/249279205094669/
- Basketball https://www.facebook.com/groups/909131062449938/
- Hal Higdon’s Training for Runners: Hal Higdon has training plans for 5k's up to marathons. I can tell you from experience that his training plans are reasonable and work.
- Cycling Training: If running isn’t your style, a great resource for cycling training plans.
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Yoga Breaks: Short, 5-minute audio/video yoga sessions taught by Kripalu teachers to promote relaxation or rejuvenation.
- Fitness Blender: Huge variety of high-quality workouts (high intensity interval training, yoga, pilates, strength training, low impact workouts) of varying lengths. Perfect for fitting in a workout regardless of how much time you have in your day.