Exercise 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week! That’s what we tell our patients right? Well, we should be doing the same thing. Staying active will not only help your physical wellness but also your mental wellness. Did you know if you go on a run all your stress instantly disappears? Alright, I made that statistic up but exercise has been shown to reduce stress, increase energy level, and give you a killer beach body.
- On-Site Exercise Center, opening November 1, 2017. This center offers free weights, resistance and aerobic machines, space for group classes, and showers. It is open with ID-card access 24x7, and is available to the entire health center community.
- Subsidized gym membership. Students are eligible for partially-subsidized membership in HealthTrax. You can sign up in the Student Affairs Office, and receive a one-year membership by paying a fee that is determined by the subsidy provided by your school: $180 for medical students, $239.40 for dental or graduate students.
- Some students prefer to use other health clubs; just ask around for recommendations.
- Hal Higdon’s Training for Runners: Hal Higdon has training plans for 5k's up to marathons. I can tell you from experience that his training plans are reasonable and work.
- Cycling Training: If running isn’t your style, a great resource for cycling training plans.
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Yoga Breaks: Short, 5-minute audio/video yoga sessions taught by Kripalu teachers to promote relaxation or rejuvenation.
- Fitness Blender: Huge variety of high-quality workouts (high intensity interval training, yoga, pilates, strength training, low impact workouts) of varying lengths. Perfect for fitting in a workout regardless of how much time you have in your day.