Eat healthy! The advice we so often give our patients can be hard for us to follow. On this site you can find links to help you eat healthy and give your patients great nutrition advice. And if you’re worried that you can’t afford to or don’t have time to eat healthy, we’ve got you covered! These sites are made for people just like us.
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine’s Anti-Inflammatory Diet Handout: Simple overview of an anti-inflammatory diet
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Top 10 Tips for a Healthy Diet
- ChooseMyPlate.gov: This website has some good info for students. The bar on the left has links to toolkits, social media, recipes, and other resources including MyPlate tip sheets that cover a wide variety of useful topics (e.g., save money at the grocery store, stay fit, fridge makeover, be choosy at the cafe, eating better on a budget).
- “Cooking Healthy on a Student Budget”: Recipes and tips from UConn medical and dental students about how to eat well on a limited budget
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Recipe Database: Delicious and healthy recipes from the kitchen at Kripalu
- Whole Foods Market “Healthy Eating Handbook”: Tips for shopping and preparing low-cost, healthy meals
- Here are extensive programs other universities have put in place: