Wellness Talks and Lectures
- Collection of short (less than 15-minute) talks in mp3 format from Kripalu on a variety of topics ranging from nutrition, relaxation, and personal growth.
- A lecture series from University of California, Davis that addresses a variety of topics including the challenges of creating work/life balance and remaining healthy as a physician.
- Recommended TED talks:
- Doc Mike Evans – “The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Stress”
- Kelli McGonigal – “How to Make Stress Your Friend”
- Amy Cuddy – “Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are”
- Gretchen Rubin – “Five Half-Truths About Happiness”
- Brene Brown – “The Power of Vulnerability”
- Calm.com provides 2-20 minute guided meditations without or without sound for a relaxing break in your day.
- Healthy Living to Go Podcasts from Kaiser Permanente
- Mindfulness Meditations from Dr. Norman Andrekus
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Relaxation Audio Sessions
- UC Davis School of Medicine Mindfulness and Relaxation Podcasts
- Headspace: They tout it as a gym membership for the mind. Access to progressively longer guided meditation sequences and collections of meditations to address specific concerns. The first 10 days are free and then after that you must subscribe to access the remainder of the content. Overall a very well organized collection of meditations and may be worth the price.
- University of Maryland Medical Center “Falling Asleep” audio files are audio tracks that help you fall asleep.
- Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra by Jennifer Reis leads you through an experience of the seven major energy centers (chakras) for deep relaxation and healing. Great sequence to do when you’re having trouble falling asleep.
- Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra by Jennifer Reis (video) is an interview with Jennifer Reis about the practice of Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra followed by a 18-minute guided yoga nidra meditation.
- Yoga Nidra Sessions by Sharon Hills-Boncyzk includes two (40-50 minute) sessions of yoga nidra (yogic sleep) and one 17-minute session of pranayama available for download.
- F.lux software helps to reduce evening blue light exposure from computer screens, mirroring cyclical light changes with sunrise and sunset to promote healthy circadian rhythm.
- Whole Foods “Healthy Eating Handbook”
- “Cooking Healthy on a Student Budget” AMSA/IMIG Event Recipe Book
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Top 10 Tips for a Healthy Diet
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Recipe Database
- Anastamoses: UConn Health’s Literary Magazine
- Poetry and Other Readings: Collection of poems and other readings used by UCSD Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course