- UConn Health offers two electives in integrative wellness: Mind-Body-Spirit Medicine elective (for first year medical students in the Fall), and Healer’s Art elective (for first and second year medical students in the Winter/Spring)
In the Community
- Leadership and Education Program for Students in Integrative Medicine (LEAPS into IM): A week-long intensive leadership development program for students interested in integrative medicine held at Old Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside, CA. The program incorporates hands-on workshops, close physician mentor-ship and leadership training by wonderful physicians and alternative healers from the University of California, San Diego Center for Integrative Medicine and others from all around the country.
- The Copper Beech Institute is a center for mindfulness and contemplative practice in West Hartford, CT (about 7 minutes from UConn Health) that offers a free walking labyrinth, meditation sessions, wellness and yoga retreats, and mindfulness-based stress reduction courses. Check their events schedule for more information about their offerings.
- The Conduit Center is a wellness and meditation center in East Hartford, CT that offers classes in gong meditation, yoga, thai massage, and more.
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health is a yoga retreat center that offers rest and relaxation retreats as well as more formalized programming. Participants attend educational sessions on stress, nutrition, and contemplative neuroscience as well as experiential learning sessions including cooking demos, yoga nidra, deep breathing techniques, and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
- West Hartford Yoga offers new students 1 month of unlimited yoga for $30.
- Bikram Yoga of Farmington (located next to the Farmington Dunkin Donuts) releases special deals such as one week of free and unlimited yoga for new students.