We are inviting mothers (18 years and older) and their 4-6 year old children to participate in a study to learn about how young children cope with difficult or stressful experiences. Families who have and have not had difficult or stressful experiences are invited to participate.
What Does the Study Involve?
Part 1 Remote Visit by Phone or Video
- 1 ½ - 2 hour visit from your home by phone or video with our staff to answer questions about your child and family
Part 2 Kid Friendly Lab Visit
- About a 2 hour visit in our kid friendly lab (directions).
- Approved safety practices will be in place (e.g., masks, gloves, sanitization, etc.)
- Parent-child activities and computer tasks.
- Follow-ups 6 and 12 months later.
- Compensated up to $275 in gift cards for full participation in the study.
Got a minute? Find out if you’re eligible by taking the survey.
Things to Know
- Your KID SCIENTIST will take home a T-Shirt, drawstring bag, prizes and gifts.
- You will receive $100 for this visit, plus up to $145 more in the future.
- First-time visits include a lottery to win an extra $10 to $50.
- We have plenty of snacks and drinks.
- Your child will get to meet Archie, our toy puppy helper. You can use this Fun Sheet to introduce Archie!
Drs. Grasso and Briggs-Gowan, Department of Psychiatry, IRB Number 18-201-CO-1.