- How do I obtain a HuskyBuy Account?
- When is HuskyBuy training available?
- When will I get my HuskyBuy account, upon completion of training?
- What do I do if I forgot my HuskyBuy password or my HuskyBuy account is locked?
- Whom would I contact if I need help with HuskyBuy?
- Can I access HuskyBuy from off-campus?
- What are my options within the Internal Notes and Attachments area?
- What are the options for the required field, Attachment Type?
- How much information should I include in the product description for a non‐Catalog item?
- How do I request a purchase order for payment purposes only?
- If I attach an invoice to a purchase requisition, will Accounts Payable automatically pay it?
- Can I view the invoices for my purchase orders?
- How can I attach a document to an existing Requisition or Purchase Order?
- How do I add an additional business address for a supplier?
- Where do I find the New Supplier Packet?
- How do I specify the urgency of my purchase requisition?
- Will I be notified if my purchase requisition is rejected?
- Who do I contact if my purchase requisition was rejected?
- Can I include both punch-out and non-catalog items on one purchase requisition?
- Can I change the billing address for my purchase requisition?
- Can I change the shipping address for my purchase requisition?
- How can I add a ship-to address that is not currently available in the HuskyBuy?
- How do I fax or email a PO & PO backer to a supplier?
- How do I enter shipping and handling on a Requisition?
- Will I be notified if an item ordered is discontinued or on backorder?
- How do I use Document Search to generate Supplier Reports?
- Where can I find HuskyBuy instructional procedures?
Answer: All new HuskyBuy users must first complete HuskyBuy training, via the SABA learning portal, or in-person training led by a member of the HuskyBuy Team. Upon completion of training, a HuskyBuy account will be created for you. Detailed instructions are located here: How to Request a HuskyBuy User Account
Answer: HuskyBuy new user training is offered monthly; current active users can check the HuskyBuy message board within the application or you contact the HuskyBuy Helpdesk at 860-679-2066 at any time to inquire.
Advanced user training is also available periodically for varying topics – please check the HuskyBuy Message Board for course offerings.
SABA training is available at any time convenient to you through the SABA Online Learning Center – simply search HuskyBuy within the SABA portal and complete all available training modules
Answer: When completing in-person training, your account will be available that day. When completing SABA training, account activation occurs during two periods weekly when SABA reports to the HuskyBuy Team – currently end of day Tuesday and Thursday.
Answer: Please contact the HuskyBuy Help Desk at 860-679-2066 or email@example.com regarding HuskyBuy account lockouts and/or password resets.
Answer: Please first refer to the procedures HuskyBuy Website. If you cannot find the answer to your question within the outlined procedures, please contact the HuskyBuy helpdesk at 860-679-2066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answer: Yes, HuskyBuy is a Web resource available anywhere with internet access and an active HuskyBuy user account.
a) Internal Note: Include any additional information that needs to be included with this requisition for internal records or personnel
b) Internal Attachments: File and URL/Link attachments for use internally. Click the add attachment… link to add attachments to the document. Click the remove... link to remove the attachment
c) Blanket PO: A Purchase Order that will be maintained over time
d) Internal Distribution Only: The Purchase Order will be created, but intentionally not distributed to the supplier
e) Attachment Type: Indicates type of form from drop down list
a) All Other Forms
b) Contract Request Form
c) No Attachment
d) Purchasing Form: Emergency Order, Loan Equip, New Supplier Pkg, Quote, Sole‐Source Form.
Detailed instructions are located here: Attachment Type Instructions
a) Clearly identify item or service to be purchased.
b) If service, then identify time period related to service.
c) If there is already a contract number in place, then reference the contract number.
d) Do not use the Product Description field to send Internal Notes (all Internal Notes should be entered into the Internal Note field).
e) Unit Price should equal (or at least approximate) what is expected to be spent during the current fiscal year.
Please review Purchase Requisitions Examples of Inadequate Product Descriptions.
Answer: Submit a purchase requisition through HuskyBuy with the invoice attached, selecting Internal Distribution Only, and Attachment Type - All Other Forms. Contact Accounts Payable externally to inform them the invoice is in the system.
Answer: No, Accounts Payable must receive either the physical invoice or Vendor Payment Authorization Form containing the Purchase Order number and an authorizing signature, or external notification of submission of an invoice to HuskyBuy prior to issuing payment to the supplier
Answer: Yes, from the invoices tab in the purchase order, once Accounts Payable has processed the invoice in the system
Answer: In your requisition or purchase order, top, right side of screen: “Available Actions: Add Comment” Click: “Go” The option at the bottom of the box is: “Attach file to this document” After attaching the document AND including a comment, click “Add Comment”
The most commonly used forms can be found here: Policies, Procedures, and Forms
Answer: As long as the Federal Tax Identification Number correlates, a supplier may have multiple fulfillment and/or remittance addresses. Simply send a notice containing the supplier name and the requested additional address via email, to email@example.com; the request reviewed and the address updated as needed.
Answer: The New Supplier Packet is located on the Procurement Website. Please use review the available guideline and use the appropriate New Supplier Package type for your supplier.
Answer: You must select priority Urgent under the general section of your purchase requisition. It is also important to justify the urgency of your order in the external notes and attachments section of your purchase requisition
Answer: Yes, the original Requisitioner will receive an automated email notification.
Answer: From the History Tab in the purchase requisition, you can view the reason behind a rejection as well the responsible party for the rejection (i.e. Banner automated, workflow approver, etc. For the following common scenarios:
Rejected by an individual – contact that individual directly via comment or phone
Banner Budget – contact your budget buddy
Banner Signature Authority – contact Norm Genest in Finance
Answer: No, the system will prevent order placement for mixed carts (i.e. multiple suppliers/multiple catalog types.
Answer: Yes, you can select from system values for your bill-to address on purchase requisitions
Answer: Yes, you can select from system values for your ship-to address on purchase requisitions
Answer: Please provide the complete information and business justification to The HuskyBuy team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request will be vetted by Procurement administration and updated as necessary
Answer: If HuskyBuy confirmed the order was successfully sent to the supplier, it is not a HuskyBuy system failure. (If a system distribution failure is noted, please contact the HuskyBuy helpdesk for assistance.)
A user may manually fax or email the PO, PO backer, and any other related documents to the Supplier. Detailed Instructions are available on the HuskyBuy Website.
Answer: Shipping and handling should always be entered in the Shipping and Handling tab in the Subtotal section when creating the cart.
Detailed Instructions are available here: How to Enter Shipping and Handling Charges.
Answer: The supplier should contact you (the PO owner) directly regarding any product availability issues. Likewise, if you have any questions regarding product availability, please contact the supplier directly
Answer: Detailed Instructions for using Document Search are available here: Supplier Reports in Document Search
Answer: All published HuskyBuy procedures and training documents are available on the HuskyBuy Website