The Policy committees are charged with developing an easily accessible database of UConn Health and University-wide policies (i.e., those that include two or more of the following: School of Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, UConn John Dempsey Hospital, UConn Medical Group, or Central Administration).
Specific activities include:
- Identifying institution wide policies that should be included in the database.
- Reviewing policies under consideration for revision and recommending modifications so that they:
- are clear to understand and interpret consistently
- do not conflict with other institutional policies
- have a common format with other policies
- Publishing institution wide policies in an easily accessible database.
- Assuring indexing for these policies, and providing a history of documented and dated approvals of policies and their revisions.
- Assuring that a newly developed policy is vetted through proper channels.
- Assuring that Board of Directors level and relevant University level policies are included for posting.
The Policy Committee does not have the authority to change the content or intent of policies, but may make recommendations for such changes to the committee(s) or persons who do have such authority.
Scott Allen, Co-Chair
Chief Quality Officer, UConn John Dempsey Hospital
Anne Horbatuck, Co-Chair
Vice President, Ambulatory Operations
Ann Marie Capo
Vice President, Quality and Patient Services
Chief Nursing Officer
Chief of Medical Staff
Associate Dean, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs
Interim Clinical Compliance Officer
Chair, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Senior Director, Hospital Operations
UConn Health Chief Financial Officer
Chief Medical Information Officer
Administrative Policy Committee
Jacqueline (Kiki) Nissen, C0-Chair
Janel Simpson, Co-Chair