Frequently Asked Questions
The lock number will be stamped on the face of the lock or key. Typically the lock number is alphanumeric, but it could be just digits.
I can’t read my lock number! Sometimes lock numbers get worn down and are difficult to read.
1. Use a magnifying glass and flashlight.
2. If that doesn’t work, dab whiteout over the lock number and then gently wipe off the excess with your finger. Your lock number should be more visible.
1. Have you recently been issued/re-issued a new badge? It can take up to three business days for access rights to update. Normally access will be assigned within 48 hours.
2. Check the expiration date on the front of the badge under your picture. If the badge is expired you will need to come to Public Safety get a new badge to resolve this issue.
3. Is there a thick black stripe that runs the width of the back of the badge? If not, your badge will need to be re-issued. You will need to come to Public Safety to get a new badge to resolve this issue.
4. Is the badge in good condition? If the badge is bent, cracked, or pins put through it, you will need to come to Public Safety to get a new badge to resolve this issue.
The Public Safety staff can be reached from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with the exception of holidays.
Locksmith Phone: 860.679.2662
Locksmith Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of an after-hours emergency, please contact the UConn Health police dispatcher at 860.679.2121.