The two medication safety pharmacists are responsible for managing medication use safety and improvement plans. Job functions include patient and medication safety, staff development/training and medication use improvement.
Current quality improvement initiatives have included:
- Development and implementation of a pharmacy technician directed medication reconciliation program
- Adverse Drug Event monitoring through Pyxis trigger tools
- Assistance with implementation of an antiretroviral screening tool upon admission to prevent adverse drug events
- Assistance with implementation of a Basal/Bolus Insulin Regimen in place of Sliding Scale Insulin
- Assistance with implementation of a Hypoglycemia Nursing Protocol
Please contact Ruth LaCasse Kalish, RPh, or Allison Dias, PharmD, for further information on this service.
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Consumer Medication Safety (ISMP)
- ASHP Medication Safety
- ASHP Patient Safety Resource Center
- CDC Medication Safety