Safety on our campus roads, parking areas, and sidewalks is a shared responsibility for all of us, including pedestrians and drivers. With winter weather and construction impacting travel, please keep the following tips in mind.
- Wear the right shoes for the conditions.
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks wherever possible.
- Be alert to vehicle noises and lights when in parking areas and at crosswalks.
- Avoid using your cell phone and ear buds when walking in vehicle traffic areas.
- Don’t assume that drivers see you and will stop. Make eye contact before crossing.
- Our patients and visitors may be driving here for the first time, or have an appointment or loved one in their thoughts.
- Obey speed limits and come to a complete stop at STOP signs.
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Always yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Drive cautiously in parking areas and use your headlights.
- Keep your windows clean.
- Look carefully before pulling into and out of parking spaces.