Sherli Koshy Chenthittayil Ph.D.
Research Skills and Interests
- Fields of expertise include Mathematical Biology, Chaos Theory, Numerical Analysis with Maple, MATLAB and Sage, Statistics with R and SAS
- Interested in Chaos theory for biologically relevant systems, mathematical models based on clinical data for diseases
- Well versed in interdisciplinary research (mathematics and biology).
- Highly organized and driven to deliver results on time
- Co-Director of Research Initiatives, Graduate School Government (GSG) (May 2016 – April 2017) - Responsible for organizing the Three minute Thesis Event (30 participants) and Graduate Research and Discovery Symposium (GRADS) (over 100 attendees and 70 poster presentations).
- Member of Graduate Advisory Committee (August 2016 – April 2017) - Responsible in recommending academic policies relevant to graduate students)
- Chair of Accessibility Awareness committee of Clemson Accessibility Commission (Jan 2017-present) - Responsible for promoting the accessibility of Clemson campus and online content
- Senator in Clemson University GSG (September 2015 – May 2016) - Voted on various legislation pertinent to graduate student body.
- Outreach Committee Member, GSG (September 2015 – May 2016) - Helped with outreach events like the Service Saturdays.
- Co-Chair of TEDxClemsonUniversity Committee (November 2015 – April 2016) - Local TEDx committee created in the spirit of TED where x = independently organized TED event
- Placed in the top 1 percentile (out of 1500 students) of Mahatma Gandhi University, India for Bachelors
Ph.D., Mathematics, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA
August 2013 – May 2017
Dissertation titled ‘Chaos to Permanence- Through Control Theory’
M.S., Mathematics, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA
August 2013 – April 2015
B.Ed., Mathematics, Titus Teachers Training College, Kerala, India
July 2005 – April 2006
M.Sc., Mathematics, TSt. Berchmans College, Kerala, India
July 2003 – May 2005
MEMBERSHIPS IN ORGANIZATIONS
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) (December 2013-present).
- Pi-Mu-Epsilon Mathematics Honor society (April 2013-present).
- Association for Women in Mathematics (August 2013-present).
- American Mathematical Society (August 2013-present).
- Phi-Kappa-Phi Honor society (March 2015-present).