What Is BYOD?
Bring your own device (BYOD) is a business policy of employees bringing personally owned mobile devices to their place of work and using those devices to access privileged company resources such as email, file servers and databases as well as their personal applications and data.
UConn Health Approach
A new way to access UConn Health email is here. In order to maintain compliance with UConn Health’s Mobile Computing Device Policy, the IT Department has rolled out an institutional program requiring all personally owned smartphones and tablets that access our email system, to be registered to our mobile device management application called “Ivanti Mobile@Work.”
What Devices Are Supported?
- iPhone 7 or newer
- iPad – All models (WiFi only and cellular)
(iOS 14.4 or later is recommended for any Apple device)
- O365 Migration Guide for iPhones and iPads
- Android devices running version 9.0 Pie or newer.
- O365 Migration Guide for Android Phone and Tablets
At this time, Windows Mobile is not fully supported. Please contact the help desk where you will be referred to the mobile support team for additional information. There is no other supported mobile devices. Palm, Symbian, or Blackberry devices are not compliant with this software.
What Should I Expect After Installing Ivanti Mobile@Work?
- Your device will be required to have a password and a forced timeout of up to 15 minutes.
- You may be asked to accept “Certificates” – this is perfectly safe as they will be coming from a trusted UConn Health server.
- The response time for the initial email synchronization may vary. After the initial sync, email will flow promptly.
- You will now have access to the “BYOD Portal“. This will allow you to manage your connected devices in one place.
How to avoid lockouts after a Network/AD password change as an Apple or Android device user?
How Do I Get Started?
To proceed, please click on one of the following instructional documents:
To Install and Configure Ivanti Mobile@Work BYOD Access on Your Android Device: Please contact the help desk by dialing x4400. A support ticket will be created and assigned to the mobility team in order to assist you.