Email and Calendar
UConn Health email accounts and calendars for faculty and staff are hosted on Microsoft Office 365.
- Access: Online/Web Mail, Desktop, and Mobile
- Mailbox Size: 100 GB
- Email Security Information: IT Security, Send Secure, Report Phish
- Web Mail Login: Use your UConn Health email address and UConn Health user account password to login online. Your UConn Health email address is the one published in the UConn Health Phonebook.
- Desktop Client: All mailboxes will be migrated to O365 (the cloud) between July and October 2022. You will be notified when you are eligible to upgrade to Office 365 through an email that will come 2 weeks prior to your migration date. Once you are eligible, please refer to these instructions to install the O365 client from the Software Center. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at 860-679-4400 or if the Office 365 client is not available in the Software Center. Once installed, please click the Outlook and Office icons in the start menu on your computer to access the individual applications.
- Mac Desktop Client: If you already have Office 2019 installed there is no need to install a newer client version. Refer to these instructions to reconfigure Outlook for Mac after the O365 migration is complete. If you do not already have Office 2019 installed, please call the IT Service Desk at 860-679-4400 and they will create a ticket to have a technician schedule an upgrade. Click the Outlook and Office icons on your computer to access the individual applications.
- Mobile: Setup Email on your Mobile Device (BYOD).
Microsoft OneDrive is cloud file storage service that the UConn Health provides to all faculty, staff, and students via the Microsoft 365 subscription. With OneDrive, you can save, share, request, and edit files on any device with an Internet connection. No downloads are required. It integrates with other Microsoft 365 apps so that you can co-author and edit in Office software, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and can access OneDrive files easily while using apps like Outlook and Teams. UConn Health users have 1 terabyte of storage on OneDrive.
Office 365 Application Training
Recordings of our live trainings with a Microsoft Trainer can be found at O365 Trainings.
If you haven’t already, we encourage you to attend a one hr. live session with a Microsoft trainer to see what’s new and ask any questions you may have. Live sessions are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 12 to 1 p.m. EST and on Thursday afternoons at 2 to 3 p.m. EST. You can register for and join either session online.
For additional software training and documentation, please see the Microsoft End User Software Training page.
Standard Microsoft On-Demand Training Offerings