The Vendor Business Administrative Systems Team provides a full range of technical support products and services for the portfolio of applications that serve the work automation needs of UConn Health’s various centralized administrative operations departments.
The team supports the following key vendor systems:
- Banner Finance, Human Resources, Travel and Expense, Procurement
- FAMIS Facilities Management
- KREG Payer Contract, Claims Management and Cost Accounting
- Campus Receivables Collector (CRC) Student Loan Services
- Bursar Receipts Cash Receivables
In addition to researching and estimating new solution options, the team provides services which fall into one of the following four work classifications:
- New Development. For newly installed vendor packages or internally developed solutions, the team provides programming, analytical and testing support. These work efforts may typically be identified as “Projects,” and require additional resources outside of the vendor team such as a PMO Project Manager, Data Services DBA, or Infrastructure Server Architect.
- Production Support. This involves resolution of daily issues and problems that cause system processing failures or any adverse impact to normal system processing schedules. A good portion of this work involves troubleshooting and working through emergency changes to bring systems back online or to complete the scheduled processes.
- Operational Support. This involves the care and feeding of system health and stability. It includes proactively monitoring performance, storage, and memory measures to reduce the possibility of system failures or poor system response time, including taking steps to address before they adversely affect business operations. It also includes working with the vendor to obtain patches and maintenance upgrades as well as coordinating and supporting their implementation.
- Enhancement Support. This is the work done to address business requests to enhance the existing functionality of each system. When dealing with a vendor system, a significant amount of time is spent defining the business requirement and coordinating the build, test and implementation of changes with the vendor. For those internally developed solutions, the team would work directly with the business customers throughout the phases of requirement definition, development, testing and implementation.
All requests for production issue resolution assistance should be directed to our IT Help Desk at 679-4400. They will open a support ticket and contact the appropriate IT support staff.
For any other type of support request please email or call the appropriate system contact person to communicate your need and business requirements.
If you have any other questions or general Administrative Business Systems needs, please contact the Director of Vendor Business Administrative Systems.