The Project Management Office (PMO) is a team of project managers that are responsible for the successful implementation of large scale clinical, administrative, research and education software/hardware systems for UConn Health.
The team provides:
- End-to-end project management for new systems and upgrades of existing systems
- Support for the development of comprehensive RFPs
- Support for system selection and contracting processes working extensively with our UConn Health procurement team
- Management of key system vendor relationships
Once a new system has been selected, or an upgrade planned, the project managers are responsible for all deliverables including:
- Developing and managing the project plans
- Ensuring appropriate resourcing from the vendor and applicable UConn Health areas
- Managing issues, risks and budgets
- Managing all project life cycle phases through training, implementation and assessment of results
Additionally, the team provides support for the annual and ongoing IT project capital and operating budget processes as needed.
Assistant Vice President, IT Strategic Projects