The function of the Information Security department is to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information at UConn Health.
Area of Responsibility
- Build IT security policies and procedures based on regulatory requirements, best practices, and the academic medical center environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain infrastructure and applications to secure UConn Health data and IT resources in support of established policy and procedure.
- Maintain and monitor network perimeter access controls.
- Monitor network, systems, and applications to identify and respond to security incidents.
- Consult and collaborate with IT, system owners, and system administrators in securing systems in accordance with policy and best practices.
- Provide security awareness training and advice for the UConn Health community.
- Identify and coordinate remediation of security vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and maintain role-based security and user accounts for IDX and Siemens.
Director, Information Security