The UConn Health Management Development Program is the vehicle for meeting mandatory regulatory requirements and provides fundamental skills specific to employees with leadership responsibilities at UConn Health. Currently, the Organizational Development team is in the process of designing and upgrading the learning and development initiatives. Leaders are asked to complete the current curriculum offerings.
Who Should Attend and Requirements
- Newly hired or newly appointed supervisors, managers, and administrative staff who supervise others
- All staff who supervise others are required to attend "Managing a Harassment-Free and Respectful Workplace" within six months of hire
- Updated curriculum featuring new presenters, content, and materials
- Fundamental knowledge of key areas of responsibility including finance, compliance and human resource management
- Exposure to decision makers and organizational resources
- Networking opportunities with fellow participants
- Support from HR specialists and managers
The Management Development Program is offered through online and presenter led courses. The online courses are taken on Saba Learning Center, UConn Health's online learning system. The presenter led courses are held at 16 Munson Road, in the fourth-floor training room unless otherwise noted. All course registrations are done through Saba.
This online learning module identifies managerial responsibilities in regards to managing employees’ eligibility, accrual, use, and payout of compensatory time.
Content Owner: Employee and Labor Relations
This online learning module explains the systems and documents used to classify job groups, titles, descriptions, qualifications and pay levels for all positions at UConn Health. Learners examine key aspects of workforce planning and resources to support decision-making in alignment with strategic goals. While leaders may be familiar with these practices from a previous organization, this module is essential for gaining an understanding of the tools and procedures unique to UConn Health.
Content Owner: Compensation and Classification, Human Resources
This two-part hybrid course examines the UConn Health hiring system. Part I is an online module that includes steps for requesting the hire of a position, transaction documentation and the manager’s role in on-boarding a new employee. After completing Part I, participants will attend a live session with members of the Employment Services team to discuss best practices, case scenarios and identify key ingredients in successfully recruiting and hiring the right person for the right job.
Content Owner: Erica D'Angelo, Talent Acquisition Director, Human Resources
Prerequisite Course: Workforce Planning
Management Development Program
Hiring the Right Talent I