The Healthcare Privacy office has oversight responsibility for UConn Health’s compliance with HIPAA and other federal and state privacy laws and institutional policies. The office serves as a central resource for both employees and patients regarding privacy-related questions and/or concerns.
The UConn Health Privacy team collaborates with colleagues to:
- Develop privacy policies, procedures, and guidelines,
- Educate the UConn Health workforce on privacy laws, regulations, and policies,
- Investigate and manage responses to potential privacy incidents,
- Monitor privacy-related activity to ensure compliance, including the appropriateness of access to medical records, and
- Ensure that our patients have access to their own health information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Report an Incident
UConn Health is committed to protecting the confidential (sensitive, personal, and medical) information of its patients and workforce. Visit the Report a Privacy Incident page for more information.