Resident Scholarship: Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency Program, University of Connecticut, July 2014 - June 2019.
Second Prize, Howard Levine Science Award, June 8, 2019:
- Propensity Matched Analysis Comparing Conscious Sedation Versus General Anesthesia in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implementation. Mosleh W, Mather JF, Amer MR, et al.
Capital Area Health Consortium Community Service Award, May 8, 2019:
- Timothy D’Amico
Top Abstract Finalist Award, Chest, San Antonio, TX, October 6-10, 2018:
- Exhaled Nitric Oxide and Asthma-COPD Overlap in Patients Hospitalized with Exacerbations of Airway Disease: Preliminary Observations. Korzan S, DeSilva P, Zu Wallack R.
Second Prize, Clinical Vignette Competition, Connecticut Chapter American College of Physicians Scientific Meeting, October 19, 2018:
- Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Viral Escape Syndrome, Zawadzka SM, Chirch L.
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2018 Annual Meeting Travel Award, July 31, 2018:
- Jessica Tuan
First Place Poster Presentation: Dean’s Symposium on Continuous Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, University of Connecticut, June 18, 2018:
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut Medical Clinic Smoking Cessation Interventional Study. Lane TJ et. al.
Capitol Area Health Consortium Community Service Award, June 4, 2018:
- Jessica Tuan
First Place Resident Poster Presentation: Dean’s Symposium on Continuous Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, University of Connecticut, June 13, 2016:
- The UConn Health Resident Expedited Discharge Project. Saucier S, Darnell R, Guenette C, Hart A, Martinez F, Patel A, Ramakrishnan K, Pulford B, Rodriguez D, Sanchez-Mitchell A, Sanghera A, Singh J, Williams S, Marwell J, Scatola A, Herath S, Baldwin J, et al.
Second Place Resident Poster Presentation: Dean’s Symposium on Continuous Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, University of Connecticut, June 1, 2015:
- Daily Labs and their Effect on Medical Management. Considine E, Zawidniak J, Murali S, Azim S, Ingrassia J.
Second Prize, Clinical Vignette Competition, Connecticut Chapter American College of Physicians Scientific Meeting, October 31, 2014:
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, He Will Try To Kill You. Abrantes-Figueiredo A, Wu U.
- Amer MR, Mosleh W, Joshi S, Mather J, El-Mallah W, Cheema M, McKay RG. Outcomes of Transcarotid and Trans-subclavian Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Ann Thoracic Surg 2019 (in press).
- Kim HT, Ahn KW, Hu ZH, Davids MS, Volpe VO, Antin JH, Sorror ML, et al. Prognostic Score and Cytogenetic Risk Classification for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients: Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research Report. Clin Cancer Res 2019 (in press).
- Mosleh W, Mather JF, Amer MR, Hiendlmayr B, Kiernan FJ, McKay RG. Prospensity Matched Analysis Comparing Conscious Sedation Versus General Anesthesia in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implementation. Am J Cardiol 2019; 124:70-77.
- Campagna M, Castillo R, Mattessich S, Mandhadi R, Lu J. Impact of a Combined dermatology-rheumatology clinic on management of autoimmune connective tissue disorders. Clin Exp Dermatol 2019; 44: e24-e25.
- Amer MR, Chaturvedula ST, Joshi S, Ingrassia J. Antithrombotic Therapy After Revascularization in Patients with Peripheral Arterial Disease. What Is Here, What Is Next. Vasc Endovascular Surg 2019; 53:325-36.
- Amer MR, Mosleh W, Hiendlmayr B, Hoover N, Curtis L, Gowani SL, Sullivan B, et al. The Carotid Artery As a Safe Approach for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implementation (TAVI): A Single-Center Experience. Conn Med 2019; 83: 5-10.
- Shimanovsky A, Phuong L, Ryan J, Wasser J. Immuno-Oncology in LungCancer: A Focus on Anti-PD-1 and Anti- CTLA-4 Therapy in NSCLC. In: Franco, Dammacco, Franco, Silvestris (Ed.), Oncogenomics: from Basic Research to Precision Medicine. New York, Elsevier Publishing, 2019.
- Abrantes-Figueiredo J, Chowdhury J, Manu C, Banach D. Osteomyelitis in the Diabetic Foot. In: Edmonds, Michael, Sumpio, Bauer (Ed.), Limb Salvage of the Diabetic Foot: An Inter-disciplinary Approach. London, Springer Publishing, 2019.
- Korzan S, Jones E, Mutneja R, Grover P. Mitral Stenosis due to rheumatic heart disease-A rare cause of massive hemoptysis. Resp Med Case Rep 2018; 24: 35-39.
- Fay MJ, Alt LAC, Ryba D, Salamah R, Peach R, Papaeliou A, Zawadzka S, et. al. Cadmium Nephrotoxicity Is Associated with Altered MicroRNA Expression in the Rat Renal Cortex. Toxics 2018 Mar; 6(1): 16.
- DiSiena M, Birk J. Diverticular Disease: The Old, the New, and the Ever-Changing View. Southern Medical Journal 2018; 111(3): 1-6.
- Ryu C, Sun H, Gulati M, Herazo-Maya JD, Chen Y, Osafo-Addo A, Brandsdorfer C, et.al. Extracellular Mitochondrial DNA is Generated by Fibroblasts and Predicts Death in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2017; 196(12): 1571-81.
- Volpe VO, Klufus DM, Hegde U, Grant-Kels JM. The new paradigm of systemic therapies for metastatic melanoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 2017; 77(2): 356-68.
- Campagna M, Naka F, Lu J. Teledermatology: An updated overview of clinical applications and reimbursement policies. International J of Women’s Dermatology 2017; 3: 176-9.
- Aggarwal A, Sabol T, Vaziri H. Update on the use of biologic therapy in ulcerative colitis. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol 2017 Mar; 15(1): 1558-67.
- Kothari S, Tendler B. Left ventricular myxoma resulting in congestive heart failure: a case report. J Recent Med Case Reports 2016; 1: 1113-4.
- Phuong L, Shimanovsky A. Superior sagittal sinus thrombosis related to the use of tamoxifen: a case report and review of the literature. Connecticut Med 2016 Sept: 80(8): 487-9.
- Pulford B, Kluger J. Ranolazine therapy in cardiac arrhythmias. Pacing Clinical Electrophysiol 2016 Sept; 39(9): 1006-15.
- Shimanovsky A, Argote JA, Murali S, Dasanu CA. Autoimmune manifestations in patients with multiple myeloma and monoclonal gammopathy of uncertain significance. BBA Clinical 2016 May 25; 6: 12-8.
- Glucksman A, Perez R, Forouhar FA, Burki NK. Lipoid Pneumonia and Sarcoidosis. Connecticut Medicine 2016; 80 (2): 91-5.
- Kothari S, Bergner A. Fabry’s disease unmasked by general anesthesia. Journal of International Anesthesiology 2016; 3: 51-5.
- Sabol TP, Molina M, Wu GY. Thrombotic Venous Diseases of the Liver. J Clin Translational Hepatology 2015; 3: 189-94.
- Bergman L, Lundbye J. Acid-base optimization during therapeutic hypothermia. Best Practice & Research in Clinical Anaesthesiology 2015; 29:465-70.
- Pavlov A, Amonateng-Adjepong Y, Wu U, Manthous CA. Duration of symptoms prior to antibiotic use and length of stay in infected patients. Chest 2014 Nov; 146 (5): e 184-5.
- Pavlov A, Muravyev R, Amoateng-Adjepong Y, Manthous CA. Inappropriate discharge on broncho-dilators and acid-blocking medications after ICU admission: importance of medication reconciliation. Respiratory Care 2014 October; 59 (10): 1524-9.
- Njei B. Sofosbuvir-ribavarin duo for chronic hepatitis C. Connecticut Medicine 2014 June-July; 78 (6): 355-6.
National and International Presentations
American Thoracic Society, Dallas, TX, May 17-22, 2019:
- Spontaneous Tumor Lysis Syndrome: A Rare Presentation of Small Cell Lung Cancer. Clark L, Harrison J.
- Bilateral Chylothorax: A Rare Presentation of Lymphoma. Clark K, Perez R, Ibrahim O.
- Pancreatico-Pleural Fistula and Pancreatico-Pericardial Fistula: Unusual Complications of Pancreatitis. Clark K, Gross K, Lahiri B.
- Correlation of FVC/DLCO to Mean Pulmonary Artery Pressure in Scleroderma-Associated Pulmonary Artery Hypertension. Clark K, Korzan S, Halasan C, Foley R, Datta D.
- APR-DRG Classifications as Predictors of Thirty-Day Inpatient Readmissions in Patients with COPD. D’Amico TA, Zuwallack RL, Ibrahim O, Crowell RE.
Society of General Internal Medicine, Washington, DC, May 8-11, 2019:
- Hidden Answer in the Bone Marrow. Doan A, Lane T.
- The Wrath of Hydroxychloroquine: A Recalcitrant Case of Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis. Bae C, Kuchipudi N, Lakshminarayanan S.
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Los Angeles, CA, April 24-28, 2019:
- Sublingual Vitamin D Effective in Improving Low Vitamin D Levels in Patients Resistant to Conventional Vitamin D Supplementation. Faisal S, Mirza F.
American College of Physicians, Philadelphia PA, April 8-11, 2019:
- Rare Complications of Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPA). Joshua J, Kuchipudi N, Traverse W.
The Endocrine Society, New Orleans LA, March 23-26, 2019:
- Disseminated Histoplasmosis Manifesting as Adrenal Insufficiency: A Rare Presentation of a Common Infection. Nallu R, Madhavan P, Luthra P.
- Heart Failure Increases Likelihood of Asystolic Cardiac Arrest in Acute Hyperthyroidism. Strachan C, Kaur M.
- Malady or Remedy? Hypertensive Crisis in a Young Woman with Use of St. John’s Wort for Depression. Madhavan P, Nallu R, Samat A.
American Academy of Dermatology, Washington, DC, February 28-March 4, 2019:
- Impact of combined dermatology-rheumatology clinic on management of autoimmune connective tissue disorders. Campagna M, Castillo R, Mattessich S, Mandhadi R, Lu J.
American Society of Hematology, San Diego, CA, December 1-4, 2018:
- Mass Cytometry Identifies T-Cell Populations Associated with Severe Hepatotoxicity in CLL Patients on Upfront Idelalisib. Vartanov AR, McWilliams EU, Gadi D, Rao DA, Matos TR, Kasar S, Lampson BL, et al.
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, New Orleans, LA, October 28-November 1, 2018:
- Diagnosing a Rare Cause of Massive Splenomegaly in Rural Rwanda. Tuan J, Weinstock C.
Mayo Clinic Annual Cutaneous Oncology Symposium, Amelia Island, FL. October 26-27, 2019:
- Firm abdominal papule in a middle-aged female. Campagna M, Ferenczi K, Shahriari M.
American College of Chest Physicians, San Antonio, TX, October 6-10, 2018:
- Exhaled Nitric Oxide and Asthma-COPD Overlap in Patients Hospitalized with Exacerbations of Airway Disease: Preliminary Observations (Top Abstract Finalist Award). Korzan S, DeSilva P, Zuwallack R.
- Comparison of Breathing Reserve Obtained From Measured and Estimated Maximal Voluntary Ventilation in Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing. Korzan S, McLellan N, Sharma A, Kaiser T, Datta D.
- A Comparison of FVC, FVC/DLCO and TLC/DLCO as an Indicator for Interstitial Lung Disease in Patients with Scleroderma. Halasan C, Korzan S, Datta D.
- Pulmonary Function Test Parameters in Diffuse and Limited Scleroderma. Halasan C, Korzan S, Datta D.
American College of Gastroenterology, Philadelphia, PA, October 5-10, 2018:
- Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid with Refractory Dysphagia. Garcia P, Mattessich S, Sao R, Rezaizadeh H, Lu J.
- Acalculous Cholescystitis as a Presentation of Acute Hepatitis A. Garcia P, Faisal S, Anyimadu H.
American Society of Clinical Oncology Quality of Care Symposium, Phoenix, AZ, September 28-29, 2018:
- A nonrandomized study on compliance with IDSA guidelines won the choice and dosing of empiric antibiotics for patients with febrile neutropenia after implementation of a new Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE). Meleveedu KS, Kaza S.
CDC International Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, GA, August 26-29, 2018:
- Cerebral and Cerebellar Toxoplasmosis Presenting with Disseminated MAC Co-Infection in a Patient with HIV/AIDS. Tuan J, Abrantes J, Banach D, Chirch L.
American Thoracic Society, San Diego, CA, May 18-23, 2018:
- Incidentally Found Synchronous Adenocarcinoma and Primary Pulmonary Lymphoma within a Single Lobe. Jones E, Gross K, Ibrahim O.
American College of Physicians, New Orleans, LA, April 19-21, 2018:
- Reversal of acquired resistance to anti PD-1 treatment of metastatic melanoma in a patient following discontinuation of azathioprine treatment for ulcerative colitis. Kodali D, Hedge UP.
European Cardiac Arrhythmia Society, Paris, France, April 15-17, 2018:
- Clinical Predictors of Unsuccessful Anti-Tachycardic Pacing in Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Patients. Harrison JW, Kalluri K, Tushak Z, Giedrimiene D, Duvall L, Kluger J.
Society of General Internal Medicine, Denver, CO, April 11-14, 2018:
- Congestive Heart Failure in Anaplasma and Babesiosis. Tuan J, Weinstock C.
- Hands Shoulder Knees and Toes: RS3PE, a Case Report. Goldgrab D, Volpe V, Panchal R.
- An Unusual Presentation of Primary Peritoneal Carcinoma. Volpe V, Ray CM.
The Endocrine Society, Chicago, IL, March 17-20, 2018:
- Evaluation of Bone Health Screening Practices among HIV and Primary Care Providers. Zawadzka S, Abbate A, Thompson M, Mirza FS, Chirch L.
- A Rare Case of Neonatal Diabetes Mellitus Diagnosed in Adulthood with Successful Transition to Sulfonylureas. Szczepanczyk K, Nallu R, Saberinia H, Samat A.
- Thyroid Eye Disease Due To Immune Reconstitution Syndrome As A Consequence of Antiretroviral Therapy For HIV. Madhavan P, Nallu R, Chirch L, Luthra P.
American College of Cardiology, Orlando, FL, March 10-12, 2018:
- Take off the Blinders: Don’t Forget Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension in the Differential Diagnosis of Unexplained Dyspnea. Goldgrab D, Arora B, Darsaklis K.
American Society of Hematology, Atlanta, GA, December 9-12, 2017:
- Prognostic Score and Cytogenetic Risk Classification for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients Who Underwent Reduced Intensity Conditioning Allogenic HCT: A CIBMTR Report. Kim HT, Hu ZH, Ahn KW, Davids M, Volpe V, et al.
American Thoracic Society, Washington, DC, May 21-25, 2017:
- The Case of the Curtailed Clotting Cascade: A Case Report. Brandsdorfer C.
Digestive Disease Week, Chicago, IL, May 6-9, 2017:
- Adherent mucosal bacterial dysbiosis of aberrant crypt foci in patients with polyps and the earliest alterations of microbiota that may be leading to colon cancer. DiSiena M, Ardian L, Mo A, Maas KR, Devers TJ, Rosenberg DW.
Society of General Internal Medicine, Washington, DC, April 19-22, 2017:
- Quit Breaking My Heart: 5 Fluorouracil-Associated Cardiomyopathy. Zawadzka SM, Kim A, Hedge UP.
- Ouch, My Leg! Atypical Presentation of Burkitt Lymphoma with Persistent Lactic Acidosis and Hypoglycemia. Korzan S, Nankani R, Thompson M, Herath S.
Annual International Conference on Transcatheter Therapies of Valvular and Structural Heart Disease, Miami, FL, January 29, 2017:
- Left Atrial Myxoma in Pregnancy. Pulford BR, Agarwal A, Hagberg RC.
CHEST Annual Meeting, Los Angeles, California, October 22-26, 2016:
- Pulmonary Myxoma: A rare benign tumor of the lung. Korzan S, Mutneja R, Lahiri B.
- A Patient With Lung Consolidation and Hypercalcemia: Primary Pulmonary Lymphoma. Korzan S, Mutneja R, Lahiri B.
Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine Skills Development Conference, Baltimore, MD, October 21, 2016:
- Smoothing the Gap: A Transition to Residency Curriculum in Internal Medicine. Lane TJ, Saravanan M, Rabitaille W, Abrantes J, Capobianco A, DiMarco D, Shaw N.
American College of Gastroenterology Scientific Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, October 13-18, 2016:
- Normal Vitamin D Levels Protective Against Development of Advanced Adenoma. Ahmed N, Terino M, DiSiena MS, Ahmad I, Levine J.
- The Proof Is in the (Liver) Parenchyma: Primary Hepatic Presentation of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis. Ihunnah C, DiSiena MS, Einstein M.
American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, Boca Raton, FL, September 22-25, 2016:
- Downstream Ischemic Testing after PET as Compared to SPECT. Bergman L, Nair SU, Pulford B, Saucier S, Lundbye JB.
- Is there Regional Variability of Radiation Exposure amongst Cardiac PET Laboratories in the United States? Desiderio M, Lundbye JB, Katten D, Saucier S, Farrell M, Coleman CI, Baker WL.
- What is the Reported Radiation Dosage for Cardiac PET Imaging in the 119 Accredited Laboratories in the United States? Lundbye JB, Desiderio M, Saucier S, Coleman CI, Baker WL.
North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology, Boston, MA, September 12-16, 2016:
- Castor Bean Daiquiri: Unsuccessful Suicide Attempt. Salinger L, Phuong L, McKay C, Bayer M.
- The Biological Agent Ricin: No Need to Panic. Salinger L, Phuong L, Sangalli B, McKay C, Bayer M.
Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, Miami, FL, May 25-27, 2016:
- Chest Pain Observation Admission and Clinical Outcomes Throughout Hospitalization. Saucier S, Nair S, Lundbye JB.
American Thoracic Society, San Francisco, CA, May 13-18, 2016:
- Severe Rhabdomyolysis in a Patient with Legionella Pneumonia Complicated by ARDS. Korzan S, Zanoria S, Prunk S.
- Impact of an Elevated BMI on Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test Variables in Patients with COPD. Perez R, Datta D, Zuwallack R.
- Can Information from Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing Predict Outcome after Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Patients with COPD? Perez R, Datta D, Zuwallack R.
Society of General Internal Medicine, Hollywood, FL, May 11-14, 2016:
- Splenic and Hepatic Vein Thrombosis: An Atypical Presentation of Colon Ademocarcinoma. Feroz J, Chowdhury M, Graeber C.
- A Shocking Presentation of Acute Ischemic Stroke. DiMarco D, Panchal R.
- Right Heart Metastases in Renal Cell Carcinoma. Volpe V, Scotola A, Lane TJ.
CHEST Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, October 24-28, 2015:
- Impact of BMI on Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test Variables in Patients with COPD. Perez R, Datta D, Zuwallack R.
American College of Gastroenterology Scientific Meeting, Honolulu, HI, October 16-21, 2015:
- Implicating Chronic Giardiasis in Nodular Lymphoid Hyperplasia. Murali S, Senatore F.
European Respiratory Society International Conference, Amsterdam, Netherlands, September 26-30, 2015:
- Physical Activity after Discharge for Exacerbations of COPD or CHF. Gross K, Waring T, Chawla H, Bulathsinghala C, Soucier R, Zuwallack R.
American Thoracic Society, Denver, CO, May 15-20, 2015:
- Klebsiella Liver Abscess Syndrome in the Absence of Native Hepatobiliary Disease. Perez R, Njei B, Prunk S, Illindala R.
- “Fryer’s Lung”: A Case of Exogenous Lipoid Pneumonia in a Fast Food Worker. Gross K, Bensen M, Coyle T.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome due to Tumor Lysis Syndrome. Perez R, Prunk S.
The Endocrine Society, San Diego, CA, March 5-8, 2015:
- Unrecognized Vertebral Fracture Worsened by Spinal Manipulation. Broodie-Murray N, Taxel P.
Connecticut Infectious Disease Society, New Haven, CT, May 9, 2019:
- Successful use of IVIG for refactory babesiosis in the setting of impaired B cell function due to rituximab. Ali T, Dieckhaus K.
- Inability to walk coupled with diffuse nodules: A medical mystery leads to a diagnosis of disseminated cysticercosis. Tuan J, Ngabitsinze P, Umaganwa S, Canales AL, Kailani L, Nkeshimana M.
UConn Health Global Health Symposium, Farmington, CT, March 29-30, 2019:
- Rwanda: A Changing Landscape. Tuan J.
American College of Physicians Connecticut Chapter Scientific Meeting, Hartford, CT, October 19, 2018:
- Utility of thiazides in denosumab-related refractory hypocalcemia. Bae C, Beliveau W, Kaur MJ.
- Firm abdominal papule in a middle-aged female. Campagna M, Ferenczi K, Shahriari M.
- A patient with a gastrointestinal bleed presents with severe sepsis after blood transfusion: A masquerading case of Clostridium speticum emphysematous aortitis. Beliveau W, Tuan J, Kalotra A, Khangura C, Bieluch V.
- Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome: A rare presentation of small cell lung cancer. Clark K, Weinstock C.
- A mysterious case of persistent encephalopathy and subsequent chest pain: West Nile neuroinvasive disease with cardiac complications. Ding Y, Garcia A, Khangura C, Tuan J, Thompson M, Illindala R.
- Paraneoplastic syndrome as an initial manifestation of lung cancer. Faisal S, Mian I, Saravanan M.
- A rare case of aggressive tumor lysis syndrome. Haber J, Joshua J, Hosmer W.
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia: Diagnosis challenges and poor response to treatment. Hwang J, Graber M, D’Andrea D.
- Renal tubular acidosis- A case of fetal demise. Roeuth DD, Hwang J, Tillman E.
- Navigating psychosocial determinants in diabetes mellitus management in the outpatient setting through multifaceted care. Vartanov A, Alex A, Advani K.
- Insidious Insipidus: A case of partial nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Zia S, Tillman E.
- Cerebrospinal fluid viral escape syndrome. Zawadzka S, Chirch L. (second prize clinical vingnette)
- Pneumocystis jirovecii pneumonia in a patient with microscopic polyangiitis on chronic prednisone complicated by pneumothoraces and primaquine-associated methemoglobinemia. Tuan J, Bieluch V, Anyimadu H.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening quality improvement project in a outpatient primary care resident-run clinic. Benaquista A, Doan A, Joshua J, Kodali D, Tuan J, Advani K.
Connecticut Infectious Disease Society, New Haven, CT, May 17, 2018:
- Challenges of Treating a Case of Disseminated Cryptococcal Disease Presenting with Meningitis and Cutaneous Lesions Complicated by Immune Reconstitution Syndrome in a Patient in Rural Rwanda. Tuan J, Weinstock C.
- Central Nervous System Toxoplasmosis Presenting with Disseminated Mycobacterium avium Complex Co-Infection in a Patient with HIV/AIDS: A Case Report. Tuan J, Abrantes J, Banach D, Chirch L.
American College of Cardiology, Connecticut Chapter, Monroe, CT, April 11, 2018:
- Pulmonary Tumor Emboli Syndrome Presenting with Right Heart Failure in a Patient with Primary Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneal Cancer. Goldgrab D, Joshi S, Tabtabai S.
American College of Physicians Connecticut Chapter Scientific Meeting, Southington, CT, October 27, 2017:
- Infective Endocarditis: Crummy Compliance Culminating in a Combination of Complications. Alex A, Graber M, Gupta S, D’Andrea D, Baldwin J.
- A Case of IgA Nephritis in a Patient with Crohns disease. Nallu R, Illindala R.
- Crystals in the Bursa. Mahmud U, Chandrasekaran D.
- Not All “Veggies” Are Good for the Heart: Endocarditis in a Patient with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Zawadzka SM, Cox J.
- Tick-Borne Illness Can Go Hand-in-Hand: A Case of Coinfection with Babesia microti and Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Doan A, Illindala R.
- Survival after Intentional Beta Blocker and Calcium Channel Blocker Overdose. Robinson AL, Parsons T.
- Early Onset Differentiation Syndrome in Newly-Diagnosed Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. Strachan C, Sanchez-Mitchell A, Byeff P.
- AEIOU and Sometimes T: The Undifferentiated Altered Mental Status. Bae C, Sanghera A.
- Bad Blood: Complications of Symptomatic Hyperleukocytosis. Kodali D, Sharma V.
- An Unusual Presentation of Rapidly Progressive Glomerulonephritis. Garcia P, Zawadzka S, Trivedi R.
- Not a Helping HAND: Acute Encephalopathy in a Newly-Diagnosed HIV Patient. Amer M, Modi V, Cox J.
- Broken Hearted. D’Amico, TA, Sanghera A.
- To Inject or Not to Inject: A Case Study. Morgan C, Weinstock C, Coyner K.
- Pulmonary Tumor Emboli Syndrome Presenting with Right Heart Failure in a Patient with Primary Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneal Cancer. Goldgrab D, Joshi S, Tabtabai S.
- A Case of Metronidazole-Induced Encephalopathy. Tuan J, Gautam S.
- TEE-Negative Infective Endocarditis. Kalluri K, Levitz R, Advani K.
- Abdominal Catastrophe: Bleeding Gastric Ulcer Leading to Hemorrhagic Shock and Abdominal Compartment Syndrome. Zaidi A, Toffolon EP.
- Counseling Patients about Sugar Sweetened Beverages: A Behavioral Intervention for Physicians Using the S.M.A.R.T. Model. Najjar C, Lane TJ.
American College of Physicians Connecticut Chapter Scientific Meeting, Southington, CT, October 28, 2016:
- A Case of Aortic Valve Endocarditis with Candida parapsilosis and Enterococus faecalis coinfection. Benaquista A, Banach D.
- Chronic Migraines as the Presenting Symptom of a Pituitary Macroadenoma. Brandsdorfer C, Krolikowski T, Rabitaille W.
- NBS in the Setting of Diabetic Gastroparesis. DiSiena M, Saucier S, Illindala R.
- All SIRS is not sepsis; a case of complicated infectious mononucleosis. Doan A, Gautam S.
- Cefepime-Induced Neurotoxicity. Feroz J, Panchal R.
- It’s not always a stroke, a case of myasthenia gravis presenting as ocular muscle weakness. Guenette C, Gautam S.
- Pericarditis and Cardiac Tamponade as the Initial Clinical Presentation of SLE. Jones E, D'Andrea D.
- A Case of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma causing Carcinomatous Meningitis. Kothari S, Gautam S.
- Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris in the Setting of Latent Tuberculosis. Krolikowski T, Brandsdorfer C, Rabitaille W.
- Judging third nerve palsies by the company they keep. Martinez F, Rabitaille W.
- PRESs Release! A Rare and ImPRESsive Case of Bortezomib-Induced Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES). Phuong L, Parsons T, Gautam S.
- The Deadly Castor Seeds. Sanchez-Mitchell A, Geevarghese A, Advani K.
- Tongue Tied: A Solitary Plasmacytoma Presenting as Isolated Twelfth Nerve Palsy. Sanghera A, Lane TJ.
- A Case of Recurrent Infective Emboli. Saucier S, Khalid S, Schulman P.
- Impact of an Interprofessional Diabetes Management Clinic. Shahriar J, Advani K.
Society of General Internal Medicine New England Regional Meeting, New Haven, CT, March 11, 2016:
- Unique Presentation and Complications of Thyroid Storm in the Geriatric Population. Darnall R, Panchal R.
- Acquired Hemophilia A in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis-A Case Report. Fernandes D, Illandala R.
- Hidranenitis Suppurativa: More than Skin Deep. Pulford BR, Allen BM, Gautam S.
American College of Physicians Connecticut Chapter Scientific Meeting, Southington, CT, October 30, 2015:
- Damned if You Do, Damned if You Don’t: Nephrotoxicity, a Rare Complication of Successfully Treated Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP). DiMarco DE, Graeber C.
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis, an Alternative Therapeutic Approach. Geevarghese A, Gautam S.
- TIPS of the Iceberg: The Pitfalls of Diagnosing and Treating Endotipsitis. Evans C, Gautam S.
- Episodic Paroxysmal Laryngospasm: The Not-Asthma Exacerbation. Hart A, Sirop A.
- A Case of Encephalitis Caused by the Great Imitator. Kelley C, Singh J, Illindala R.
- Play it by Ear: A Case of Relapsing Polychondritis. Kim E, Hashmi S.
- A Variable Presentation of Cryptogenic Organizing Pneumonia (COP). Korzan S, Prunk S, Lane TJ.
- PRESsed for an Answer. Patel A, Hashmi S.
- Isolated Systemic Sclerosis Nephritis. Perez R, Graeber C, Gautam S.
- Rhabdomyolysis in Metabolic Myopathy. Phuong L, Gautam S.
- A Case of Hepatitis C-Induced MPGN. Rodriguez D, Agosto A, Gautam S.
- I Have to Pee ... But I Have a Headache and Cannot! Saucier S, Zanta M, Virmani S, Bergner A.
- Biologic-Induced Serositis. Smith C, Saravanan M.
- Pituitary Macroadenoma Leading to Headaches and Weakness. Storey C, Gautam S.
- Sezary Syndrome with Secondary Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Volpe V, Salman M.
- Eye Can’t See: A Case Report of CMV Retinitis in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Zawidniak J, Lakshminarayanan S.
Society of General Internal Medicine New England Regional Meeting; Boston, MA, March 13, 2015:
- Transverse Myelitis: An Unusual Presentation of EGPA. Gross K, Phillips A, Ek K.
- A Thrombocytopenic Thanksgiving! Murali S, Dela Cruz A.
- One in a Million: A Metastatic Insulinoma Presenting with Abdominal Pain, Weight Loss and Syncope. Dodoo A, Lane T, Bergner A.
American College of Physicians Connecticut Chapter Scientific Meeting, Southington, CT, October 31, 2014:
- Recurrent Spontaneous Pneumothorax. Agosto A, Lane TJ.
- Late Presentation of Ocular Melanoma. Banks S, Abrantes-Figueiredo J, Saravanan M.
- Stress at Work Can Break your Heart: A Case of Reverse Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Bergman L, Agarwal A.
- Chikungunya Fever Arrives in Connecticut. Broodie-Murray N, vom Eigen K, Goldman K.
- Gabapentin-Induced Bullous Erythema Multiforme-A Case Report. Cruz L, Saravanan M.
- Atypical Presentation of Sarcoidosis in an Elderly Male. Dodoo A, Shah R, Phillips A, Graeber C, Saravanan M.
- A Modern Case of the Historically Prominent Scurvy. Garcia J, Panchal R.
- How Lupus Can Make You “Loopy”. Geevarghese A, Gautam S.
- Spontaneous Subcapsular Renal Hematoma. Hubbard K, Perez R, Lapkin R, Gautam S.
- Potential Rare Case of Idiopathic Systemic Capillary Leak Syndrome (Clarkson’s Disease). Kulyak Y, McNamee M, Lane TJ.
- A Mass-ive Misconception. Murali S, Hosmer W.
- Lipoid Pneumonia with Sarcoidosis. Perez R, Glucksman A, Burki N.
- VIPoma: A Rare Presentation of a Rare Disease. Shaw N, Maksymiw N, Fable J, Illindala R.
- Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis in the Setting of Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Shenoy A, Rattanani B, Graeber C, Illindala R.
- Multiple Pulmonary Nodules and Fever in an Immunocompromised Patient. Vuong K, Chawdhary K, Gautam S.
- Lyme Disease and Cranial Neuropathies: Can’t Talk, Can’t Swallow and Can’t Smile! Williams S, Gautam S.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie ... He Will Try To Kill You. Abrantes-Figueiredo J, Wu U.
- Invasive Klebsiella Liver Abscess Syndrome. Adekolu O, Perez R, Broodie-Murray N, Adekolu E, Prunk S, Illindala R.
- Necrotizing Histiocytic Lymphadenitis Masquerading as Lymphoma. Gross K, Vredenburgh J.