The Family Medicine Residency program accepts applications only through ERAS.
Applications are reviewed in September and October.
Applicants eligible for an interview are scheduled in November and December, with interviews held several days a week each month.
Deadline for applying to Family Medicine is December 1.
Our program interviews students who have demonstrated an outstanding academic record and a commitment to Family Medicine.
Specific eligibility criteria include:
- ERAS application including CAF and CV with no unexplained gaps of time
- Three letters of recommendation, one from a family physician
- Personal statement
- Passing scores are preferred on the first attempt of USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 (CS and CK)
- Dean’s Letter and Medical School transcript
- U.S. Clinical experience is preferred for anyone out of medical school for more than one year
- Graduation from medical school needs to be within three years of the year of entrance to the program
- ECFMG certification required for entrance to the residency – not for applying for International Medical school graduates
- UConn School of Medicine sponsors J-1 Visa’s only
- Our department does not offer observerships or externships
Sample Contract: Download and/or Print a Sample Contract
Ms. Stephanie Phillips
The program does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color disability or national origin.