Your UConn Health domain username and password will allow you access to your school issued laptop, UConn Health desktop computers, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, email, etc.
- Passwords expire every 90 days and must be changed
- You cannot reuse one of your last 5 passwords
- Passwords must be at least 6 characters in length
- Passwords cannot contain your username or parts of your full name that exceed 2 consecutive characters
- Passwords must contain characters from 3 of the following 4 categories:
- English UPPERCASE characters (A-Z)
- English lowercase characters (a-z)
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (ex. ! $ # %)
- Minimum password age is 5 days (this means once you change your password you cannot change it again for another 5 days)
Change Your Account Password
- Windows 7-McAfee Endpoint Encryption v.6 (Recommended Method): Change your account password using your school issued laptop
- UConn Health Outlook Web Access Method: Change your account password using UConn Health Outlook Web Access (web email) system
Note: Use this option only if you cannot make it to the UConn Health campus before your password expires.
- Self Service Password Reset: Change your account password using the utility from the IT Department
Please Note: Use this option only if you are on campus.
If your password is expired you will need to set a new password for your domain account. Please review the Change Your Account Password instructions above to set a new password for your account. If your password is expired you will not be able to access Blackboard, UConn Health email, the UConn Health wireless network and other UConn Health resources until you change your password. Please pay attention to when your password is going to expire so as to avoid not being able to access UConn Health resources.
Help! My Password Is Expired And I Can’t Make It To The UConn Health Campus
If your password is expired and you can’t make it to the UConn Health campus you can change your expired password by using the Outlook Web expired password link or the UConn Health remote access system.
- Outlook Web Access
- UConn Health Remote Access
- Type mail.uchc.edu if you are a Blackboard user and login from there if your password has expired.
Accounts are locked out after 3 invalid logon attempts. Once an account is locked it is locked out for 5 minutes. To unlock an account you may wait 5 minutes and try to logon again or contact the IT Help Desk at 860-679-4400.